• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just some bragging

YoungScud

Academy Player
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Glasgow
Well, here it is, the day has arrived. Although none of you knew this, I lost my dear wife on the 3rd of March. I have really struggled, but have got through this terrible time with the support of my loved ones and my friends. My son Mark rang me tonight. Morven Mary Ellen Lewis was born at 6.29, 6lbs 14ozs and drop dead gorgeous. First time Grandad preparing to spoil her rotten.

Attachments

• Morven 2.jpg
    Morven 2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 15
Absolutely beautiful. So sorry to hear of your loss, but so happy to see the wonderful addition to your life.

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Congrats on becoming a grandfather.

Thank you guys. As you can imagine, it's a time of very mixed emotions. If it hadn't been for friends and family, I have a feeling i wouldn't have seen this day, but this will give me the impetus I need to turn this around. Oh, and I'm retiring too next week. All comes at once.

Gorgeous baby Scud, horrible to have to go through what you have, but amazing to welcome a new family member into the world.

Congratulations, commiserations and everything else - that's one hell of a month.

Ok, I've gotta say it... am I the only person who read this thread and was like "Hang on, Young Scud isn't young? We've been lied to! Liiiiiiiied!"

Sorry to hear about your loss, but congrats on the new addition.

I'm really sorry for your loss :( But when one life ends another one begins, beautiful Granddaughter mate!

Congratulations and commiserations can't imagine what it would be like to go through that mix of emotions.
Ok, I've gotta say it... am I the only person who read this thread and was like "Hang on, Young Scud isn't young? We've been lied to! Liiiiiiiied!"
nope you weren't the only one..

p89px8R.png

OK you got me, I'm not that young. For some reason I never found out, my Dad's nickname as a boy was Scud. One of the guys I hung around with in my teens was the son of one of my Dad's teen pals. He nicknamed me YoungScud and it stuck. Thank for the kind thoughts.

Congrats from Germany and sorry for your loss :(
Stay strong !

Although we are hardly best of friends I have genuine sadness at your loss and equal joy at your good news. As a father of 3 I know what joy a little one brings and how it balances out the priorities in life. All the best

Tallshort, we argue on here. I don't know about you, but arguing online is what I do. Your post, despite any harsh words we might exchange, tells me all I need to know about you that is important. My granddaughter and my two wonderful sons are my priorities now. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Latest posts