• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Just started playing Super 14 with Waratahs....

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Feb 16 2006, 11:44 PM
........Star players should be used in the context of how important they really are to a team.

This I agree with............

For instance someone like Chris Latham should be a "star" whilst playing super 14 (due to his huge influence on the reds fortunes year in, year out), but shouldn't be a star if playing internationals.

From what I have seen from footage (as I still don't have the game :angry: ) players like Lote are very effective without the ***le of star player?

can you turn the star off in the game? so you dont know who the star player is? cause i am sure this will annoy me

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Feb 17 2006, 12:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Muse_Cubed
@Feb 16 2006, 11:44 PM
........Star players should be used in the context of how important they really are to a team.

This I agree with............

For instance someone like Chris Latham should be a "star" whilst playing super 14 (due to his huge influence on the reds fortunes year in, year out), but shouldn't be a star if playing internationals.
[/b]
In that sense Rogers, Tuqiri and Waugh should all have stars for the Waratahs...

yeah it a major stuff up but doesnt really detract from what is a brilliant game indeed

Lote n co do make a big difference in S14, coz the opposition is not all of international quality.

u cant turn the star players off the game.......

i do not know what consitutes a star player

ie if i create SUPERMAN - 100 in every stat and give him all the special abilities, will he get a star??

dunno :blink:

try it :)

i wasn't meaning turning off the star player

just the graphic that the star is on, just watching the videos with these star players running around would annoy me :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 17 2006, 02:14 PM
try it :)

i wasn't meaning turning off the star player

just the graphic that the star is on, just watching the videos with these star players running around would annoy me :)
yeah i think so

i know u can change the display so names, offload icons, and map can be all off

perhaps that means stars too

You can turn the actual displaying of the star off. I find it annoying when I was playing as the All Blacks and I kept thinking that the star player was the one that I had current control of.

When I was playing a career mode and was up against the Crusaders I got killed by Carter's kicking game. Every time that he got the ball he just launched it down into my 22 so the star players make a big, big difference.

Also remember that these star players are actually impact players and therefore the players that should get the stars are the players that have the ability to change the outcome of the game. Therefore I would expect 7's, 10's, 11's, 13's and 14's to be more highly represented than 2's, 4's and 15's.

I think that EA tried to spread the stars around different teams and countries. There would be no point of having 15 stars in a single team. Although I do agree with other posters about how EA got some of the stats wrong. It would be nice to have been able to fix them up with a decent editor but maybe that will be included in '07.

Originally posted by BigTen@Feb 17 2006, 03:45 PM
When I was playing a career mode and was up against the Crusaders I got killed by Carter's kicking game. Every time that he got the ball he just launched it down into my 22 so the star players make a big, big difference.

Also remember that these star players are actually impact
Same...damn Carter and his boots ofgold in this game!

Latest posts