• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

JWC 2013 top tries

Smithy_NZ

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Chiefs
It was a cracking tournament, really nice to see so many teams play well and the gap between first to eighth was as close as I can remember. There were also some brilliant tries; I love Hallam Amos' try against Argentina. He is 18 and the line he took on that try was exceptional - then the extra gear and the power was something else. The Welsh were brilliant to watch but I do feel the English were the best in the tournament. Apart from a poor first half against South Africa (and also against Wales) the English looked like a brilliantly balanced side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7oZz9Fbpo58

I'm glad France appears at least once...so weird U20 France sucks though.
Some nice tries there, but things that are impossible with real grown man, pro rugby defense.

I'm glad France appears at least once...so weird U20 France sucks though.
Some nice tries there, but things that are impossible with real grown man, pro rugby defense.

I felt the French were second rate with their basic skill level. Physically they were near the top but the lack of basic skills was shocking. Some of the backs could barely pass the ball! But there were many positive signs too. Tolofua was brilliant at times, Jerdsiak looks very impressive and Tauleigne showed glimpses of Picamoles-level attacking ability.

^ hah, so the usual basically. Big potential, sub-par result !...
Thx for the reply.

Latest posts