• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Keith Wood

G

getofmeland

So do you think Keith Wood should enter the TRF Hall of Fame?

Express you Views below, giving reasons for your decision...

Should go in just because he's the ultimate character both on and off the rugby pitch.

Hard as nails and just as hard working on it, but seemed like a great laugh off it.

Used to absolutely hate seeing him in an opposition club line-up, because you just knew he'd be smashing your side about all day long.

But you would still follow him to the bitter end.

True ledgend.

ya this is a no brainer. The guy was an awesome warrior and a great ambassador for irish sport.

Yeah Woodie's a legend alright, great leader, fantastic player, total committment. Class act as well. One for the drop goal attempts as well, not quite up to Zinzan on that front though.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Mar 8 2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah Woodie's a legend alright, great leader, fantastic player, total committment. Class act as well. One for the drop goal attempts as well, not quite up to Zinzan on that front though.
And let's not forget his dummies either! Pure class.

I voted yes, he has to be one of the most loved players ever,no matter what country you come from.

Loved by all
_39431668_wood300ap.jpg

Diffinetly one of the great ambassadors for pro rugby.Awesome player to watch as he was like a fourth looseforward at times with all the hits and runs he did in open play.

Easily the most inspirational player I have ever seen. And he always popped up when you needed him, like in the RWC 2003 match against Argentina where the Argies were attacking in the Irish 22 with Ireland desperately clinging on only for Keith Wood to pop up with the ball and hoof it 75 metres down the pitch and lead the chase for it.

Any movies of him in action? I'm not familiar with many Irish Players.

Any movies of him in action? I'm not familiar with many Irish Players.[/b]

Well he was one of the greatest ever Irish and in my opinion the best ever hooker in world rugby.

I think he scored the most tries for a forward for Ireland
He famously tried a few drop goals for Ireland but never got one, however he did score one for Harlequins in one of his last seasons

Latest posts