• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kevin Sinfield the Real Deal?

TobesHodges

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Reds
So I just watched the Yorkshire Carnegie vs Bedford game and Kevin Sinfield was ridiculously good at 10.

Granted this is the only game I've seen of him playing Union but seriously good vision, great kicking game, very solid in defence, he also takes the ball to the line really well and doesn't miss a kick.

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but I'm going to vouch that we really could see him in a premiership roster after seeing that performance..

Was just wondering on thoughts? I know some people here have probably seen more of him etc.

I've not watched him, or even heard anything about him (forgotten he was at Leeds to be honest!) but at 35/36 at the start of the next season I don't think m/any prem sides would look at him to be honest.
Unless someone other than Bristol gets promoted and they want a big name/experienced (big game wise, rather than union wise) player.

At the same time, I don't know if he'd want to move. All his pro career has been in Leeds - almost 20 years.

Ultimate pro, Sir Kev. An incredible knack to find the perfect kick at the time that you'd probably look to kick and chase.

Don't think he'd be interested TBH... I think he's just getting some experience so that he can apply it to coaching if he coaches in union.

I've not watched him, or even heard anything about him (forgotten he was at Leeds to be honest!) but at 35/36 at the start of the next season I don't think m/any prem sides would look at him to be honest.
Unless someone other than Bristol gets promoted and they want a big name/experienced (big game wise, rather than union wise) player.

At the same time, I don't know if he'd want to move. All his pro career has been in Leeds - almost 20 years.
Olyy I know you are practically Southern and probably don't know what you are saying, but it's Yorkshire, and there's a big distinction!

The only loser here is Sale's trophy cabinet.
First team to ever top the table and win the trophy in the same year.
Dominated some bunch of schmucks in the final, can't remember who they were.

Not bad for the cash and support levels of our club.
Especially when you consider that Bath haven't won it for a decade longer than us :D

Latest posts