• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Key Player for Your Country at the W.C.

Everyone is important but I can't see that All Blacks winning without Daniel Carter.

Bobby Boucher is most important player for the Wallabies if we don't have the waterboy our players won't be supplied with adequet H20.

For Ireland, Heaslip is the key player who needs to have a good tournamnet at Number 8. If he hits top form, that gives us a great chance of beating almost anyone provided the back line stay free of the errors we saw creeping in during the 6 nations.

Something else that is key for Ireland is that they don't drag Sexton off after 55 minutes each match. It destroyed the team during the AI's and 6N.

Something else that is key for Ireland is that they don't drag Sexton off after 55 minutes each match. It destroyed the team during the AI's and 6N.

Wrong. Kidney did that because sexton was making a fool of himself, and loosing the game for us. In all instances, he brought O'gara on because O'gara is a tactical kicker. yeah, sure he can't tackle to save his life and he never runs with the ball, but when Sexton's boyishness tripped him up, O'gara came on a kicked us some points and saved us the game.

If our front five and scrum half can opperate well and hit good form and we can get a solid platform to get onto the front foot I think we have the strength to beat any other team. The hinges on our props holding the scrum together, Our hookers and locks making sure our lineout functions and our scrum half playing at the correct pace. This means Ross, Healy , Best/Starting hooker and Reddan/starting scrum half playing at top form.

The key player for all of NZ opposition will be "Stephen Donald"... lol...

On a serious note....

I think the key "men" of our squad will be Owen Franks, Kaino and Brad Thorn... Their workrate is going to be tremendous

The key player for all of NZ opposition will be "Stephen Donald"... lol...
Stephen-Donald.jpg

Attachments

• Stephen-Donald.jpg
    Stephen-Donald.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 93
Aye, Gray is a very good player, but I'd say someone like Ruaridh Jackson as if he doesn't perform than Dan Parks will be playing 10....

Aye, Gray is a very good player, but I'd say someone like Ruaridh Jackson as if he doesn't perform than Dan Parks will be playing 10....

I agree. He has alot of talent and could be a future star but he isn't going to be the difference between winning or losing. He will be a key player in helping Scotland in both the lineout and in open play but I would expect the scottish 10 to be the key player as Parks and Jackson offer very different styles and experience.

Post World Cup everone will be talking about what a great tornament Shontayne Hape had!

I'm actually planning on accidentally breaking one of Hape's legs if he gets selected, just so England stand a better chance.

O'Gara played his best rugby when he came on for sexton this year. saved ireland from embarassment against italy

O'Gara played his best rugby when he came on for sexton this year. saved ireland from embarassment against italy

Yes but Sexton is a better player and he wasn't given time to settle into the tournament because ROG was coming on for him at about 55-60 minutes every game, then in the England match where he was probably told before the game that as long as he didn't f*** up completely he'd get 75-80 minutes and look what happened then.

Latest posts