• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

King Henry: returning to the throne?

Graham Henry asked to be judged on the world cup. All of our worries and doubts about his coaching style were brushed aside when he said "Judge me on the world cup." If we do this, then he is acyually the worst all black coach. Now everyone seems to have forgotten that, and the fact that the world cup is what we are really chasing, and I believe well get it when we stick with a coach who perfects the basics before anything else.

Graham Henry's winning record speaks for itself... Does everybody prefer to go down the same road we did before and sack the coach?? It hasn't worked for 20 years and i believe the NZRU made the right decision in breaking the cycle

Henry's mistake was hiring Gilbert Enoka.[/b]

Good to see you back.

Forgive my ignorance - but what does that Enoka comment mean?

ABs were stuffed by a freak sequence of injuries at outhalf, leaving them without a leader when it mattered. If Henry can destroy the garryowen "no, you make a mistake" play at international level, then he's very welcome.

Yes well done to Henry for getting back the job, but unfortunately it means robbie deans will be crossing the tasman to coach the wallabies

I hope not... I'd much prefer Nucifora. Deans is a great coach and his record speaks for itslef, but frankly I see Nucifora as a man that can bring Australian rugby back to where it used to be. He's a man tht doesn't care for egos or player reputations. He picks on form, no matter how controversial - it is argued in some circles that he was the one who pushed Greegs to give up his capataincy. Maybe, his calls brought his downfall at the Brumbies, but as a coach he brought through players such as Henjak (who was good at the Brumbies), Chisholm, Henderson, Gerrard, Rathbone, Sheperdson and to a lesser extent the likes of Luke Burgess and Polota-Nau. Nucifora is the man for Wallabies coach and I will be disappointed if Deans gets it...

... though I definitely still rate Deans.

I hope not... I'd much prefer Nucifora. Deans is a great coach and his record speaks for itslef, but frankly I see Nucifora as a man that can bring Australian rugby back to where it used to be. He's a man tht doesn't care for egos or player reputations. He picks on form, no matter how controversial - it is argued in some circles that he was the one who pushed Greegs to give up his capataincy. Maybe, his calls brought his downfall at the Brumbies, but as a coach he brought through players such as Henjak (who was good at the Brumbies), Chisholm, Henderson, Gerrard, Rathbone, Sheperdson and to a lesser extent the likes of Luke Burgess and Polota-Nau. Nucifora is the man for Wallabies coach and I will be disappointed if Deans gets it...

... though I definitely still rate Deans. [/b]

Nucifora is a retard... so Australia's more than welcome to take him off our hands.

Not even the walking definition of a bumbling fool that is Pat Lam could've screwed the Blues out of the ***le like that stupid dipshit did this year... and it's because of him, Ali Williams is now a Crusader.

Graham Henry's winning record speaks for itself... Does everybody prefer to go down the same road we did before and sack the coach?? It hasn't worked for 20 years and i believe the NZRU made the right decision in breaking the cycle [/b]

Dont forget, henrys record includes the worst performance ever in a world cup by the all blacks. That speaks louder than the rest for me.

<div class='quotemain'> Graham Henry's winning record speaks for itself... Does everybody prefer to go down the same road we did before and sack the coach?? It hasn't worked for 20 years and i believe the NZRU made the right decision in breaking the cycle [/b]

Dont forget, henrys record includes the worst performance ever in a world cup by the all blacks. That speaks louder than the rest for me.
[/b][/quote]

His track record speaks for itself, he may not have won us a world cup but what other coach before him has??

Remember Graham Henry has won us every cup available to us in BAR only 1 cup

<div class='quotemain'> I hope not... I'd much prefer Nucifora. Deans is a great coach and his record speaks for itslef, but frankly I see Nucifora as a man that can bring Australian rugby back to where it used to be. He's a man tht doesn't care for egos or player reputations. He picks on form, no matter how controversial - it is argued in some circles that he was the one who pushed Greegs to give up his capataincy. Maybe, his calls brought his downfall at the Brumbies, but as a coach he brought through players such as Henjak (who was good at the Brumbies), Chisholm, Henderson, Gerrard, Rathbone, Sheperdson and to a lesser extent the likes of Luke Burgess and Polota-Nau. Nucifora is the man for Wallabies coach and I will be disappointed if Deans gets it...

... though I definitely still rate Deans. [/b]

Nucifora is a retard... so Australia's more than welcome to take him off our hands.

Not even the walking definition of a bumbling fool that is Pat Lam could've screwed the Blues out of the ***le like that stupid dipshit did this year... and it's because of him, Ali Williams is now a Crusader.
[/b][/quote]

I would have thought you would be thankfull to get rid of Ali Williams he must be one of the main reasons the All Blacks did so poorly in the world cup. He is the least physical lock i have seen represent the ABs. Dont get me wrong im a big fan of AB rugby but they need to look at more aggressive tight forwards. Also you guys will win the next WC at a canter as its at home and your record there is top notch.

What the f*** are you talking about?

Did you not watch the Quarter Final where Ali Williams preety much single handily destroyed the French Line Out? You know, the same test where that big, tough aggressive Kieth Robinson did stuff all for 55 minutes before limping off?

When he is fully fit, I doubt you'd find a more freakish lock than Ali out there. When was the last time you saw an All Black lock, let alone any lock in the world dominate a game like he did in that First Lions test back in 2005.

Ali Williams was actually our inform lock... You must have been watching another game??

I must have been living elsewhere for the past months as I have not seen the sensibility shown in this forum neither in NZ Herald nor in RugbyHeaven nor in... when it came to talk about the next coach.

It was kind of "Henry's the worst ever and Deans is the best ever so give us Henry's head". Here people have their say and some may back Henry and some may back Deans, but it amazes me the respect for the thoughts of others.

I have always backed Graham Henry but I think Deans also deserved the job. It was not an easy choice and I think that, as someone has previously said, sacking a coach every four years has not fully worked.

I am glad Henry's got the job and I just wish the All Blacks the best of the lucks.

How long has Henry to produce the goods though? i.e. if the ABs go flat this tri-nations is he shown the door?

He's safe - who's going to take his job?

Deans and Gatland are contracted for 4 years with Australia and Wales, while all the other candidates are too green, while Hansen and Smith would probably have to fall on their swords as well since they would be his assistants.

Latest posts