• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Kiwis Win Four Nations.

It's all about colors I tell ya. Nothing to do with players...

Gay blue can't win on Maroon. FACT.

Johns has easily been the most prolific player of the last 30 years. He just got better and better until he retired. I still remember him coming back for that 2005 Origin series after barely any game time in the preceding 18 months due to a massive injury. They threw him straight in the Origin set up, and not only did he handle the pressure, he set up 3 tries and kicked three straight conversions pin-point from the side-line. No half-back has been as dominant as he has...

You are a pest. Joey couldn't hold a bag of methamphetamines to Wally Lewis.

Johns is a half back and Lewis was a five eighth, and they played in eras so different that it's impossible to compare. But still, Wally had no where near Joey's creativity. I'd have Johns in my team any day of the week if it was a choice.

ofoy0k.gif

Let's make it a little more impartial. SBW>Lewis :p

You are a pest. Joey couldn't hold a bag of methamphetamines to Wally Lewis.

Johns is a half back and Lewis was a five eighth, and they played in eras so different that it's impossible to compare. But still, Wally had no where near Joey's creativity. I'd have Johns in my team any day of the week if it was a choice.

Andrew is the product of the modern game, a compliment to the Australian coaching and nurturing of their young League players and a benefactor of hard lessons learnt from pioneers like King Wally. In Origin, Wally was one of the pioneer players of internationally televised Rugby League at its most bloody and dramatic.

Your right sanzar, Wally didnt have the creativity that Andrew had but neither did anyone else back then but what Wally did have was a main star role in an Origin series that IMO drowns out all other Origins and thats something Andrew can never have.

State%20of%20Origin_1990s.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts