• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latest attack on RL by Stephen Jones. Hilarious...LOL

V

Vambo

Gobshite

It's a small "World"

This week brings the "World" Club Challenge in rugby league. Don't laugh. They had to call it that. Well, the grand ***le "Small Bit of England v Small Bit of Australia Challenge" has no ring to it for the marketeers. It wasn't a great week for the wriggling code. It was no fun whatsoever watching the desperate struggles of Lesley Vainikolo in Paris. There is the thought that his recent bereavements may well have sapped his morale and concentration, so full marks to him for at least fronting up. And a pound, please, for every time I have been asked: "What has Josh Lewsey done to Ashton?"

But does this mark the final frontier, the very last cross-coder? Union has been burned too many times. Jason Robinson was a freak, a total one-off. Otherwise, rugby league players, one by one, famous or not, to a man, have failed. Often miserably. They have not been good enough to play union. Period. Some were only average, some humiliatingly bad, some brought lurid disciplinary problems.

Some even had the brass neck to pretend that they had done brilliantly but decided to go back to league. Most were quite staggeringly slow, which is amazing but true. Few could hack the extra demands of the game itself and the longer union season.

If your club is about to go to "league" for a player, issue the following warning: Chev Walker, Wendell Sailor, Andy Farrell, Matt Rogers, Brad Thorn, Gareth Raynor, Iestyn Harris, Gary Connolly, Karl Pryce, Lote Tuqiri, Henry Paul, Robbie Paul, Barrie-Jon Mather, Richie Eyres, Karl Pryce, Brian Carney, Nathan Blacklock. And goodnight.

Shall we play spot the 'Walk straight into the RU National team' game or is that too easy? :lol2tn:

Mr Jones... answer me this... Name the try scorers from the 2003 world cup final for me will ya? ;)

Or... we could even play the even more exciting name the 6 Nations defensive coach competition :lol:

Oh whoopie... More League v Union... [/b]
Tasea Lavea.

I rest my case. [/b]

haha.

exactly teh - the code debate is old, and for people to keep slogging this dead horse is just patetic now. you can go on and on about how players switch codes, but in reality, it is rare that a player who is amazing in one of the codes to transfer his skills 100% to the other. take wendle. monster in league - nothing in union. robinson - yeah one in a few...

Total agreement with Teh. Jones has and always will be a world class fool and that's with a lot of competition.

Gobshite

It's a small "World"

This week brings the "World" Club Challenge in rugby league. Don't laugh. They had to call it that. Well, the grand ***le "Small Bit of England v Small Bit of Australia Challenge" has no ring to it for the marketeers. It wasn't a great week for the wriggling code. It was no fun whatsoever watching the desperate struggles of Lesley Vainikolo in Paris. There is the thought that his recent bereavements may well have sapped his morale and concentration, so full marks to him for at least fronting up. And a pound, please, for every time I have been asked: "What has Josh Lewsey done to Ashton?"

But does this mark the final frontier, the very last cross-coder? Union has been burned too many times. Jason Robinson was a freak, a total one-off. Otherwise, rugby league players, one by one, famous or not, to a man, have failed. Often miserably. They have not been good enough to play union. Period. Some were only average, some humiliatingly bad, some brought lurid disciplinary problems.

Some even had the brass neck to pretend that they had done brilliantly but decided to go back to league. Most were quite staggeringly slow, which is amazing but true. Few could hack the extra demands of the game itself and the longer union season.

If your club is about to go to "league" for a player, issue the following warning: Chev Walker, Wendell Sailor, Andy Farrell, Matt Rogers, Brad Thorn, Gareth Raynor, Iestyn Harris, Gary Connolly, Karl Pryce, Lote Tuqiri, Henry Paul, Robbie Paul, Barrie-Jon Mather, Richie Eyres, Karl Pryce, Brian Carney, Nathan Blacklock. And goodnight.

Shall we play spot the 'Walk straight into the RU National team' game or is that too easy? :lol2tn:

Mr Jones... answer me this... Name the try scorers from the 2003 world cup final for me will ya? ;)

Or... we could even play the even more exciting name the 6 Nations defensive coach competition :lol:
[/b]

:lol: Well played sir.

WTF is wrong with mat rogers (it spelt with one t you ******) i've always thought in both codes he was quality. Brad Thorn was good too he seriously needs to get his head out of his arse.

I know that league had to gall to promote professionalism and bring the game to the masses but seriously can we get over this 100+ year feud and play nice?.

<div class='quotemain'>
Oh whoopie... More League v Union...
[/b]

More a case of Union v League don't you think? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Does it really matter? Its all the same "lets see whose cock is bigger" anyway.

And wooooow, Stephen Jones (the writer) is a total fool who doesn't know what he is talking about?! Amazing, I really never knew that!

You do, y'know, realise that we in Union know that he is a total fool as well....right? :huh:

Can't we all just get along? Why do we have to have people from the North of England and some remote part of Australia yell at us about stuff like some firebrand Communist commissar? Why can't they just say nice things like "A Union player and a League player saved a Childrens Hospital from burning down last night, isn't that awesome" instead of bad things like "UNION IS OUT TO DESTROY LEAGUE! TO THE BARACADES COMRADES" and all that.

On the other hand, why can't Union guys say the same nice things instead of yelling "LOL LEAGUE IZ CRAP LULZ!" at the nearest guy with a mullet and bad teeth or blaming Rugby League for EVERYTHING that is being changed in Union? Its not League's fault, they didn't kidnap Paddy O'Brian and the other Union refs and tortured them until they agreed to change the rules! They're too busy racing whippets or having illegal sex with their sisters to do that!

New%20Dove.JPG

To be honest I just found the article funny and wanted to share it with the other RL fans on this part of the forum ;)

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Oh whoopie... More League v Union...
[/b]

More a case of Union v League don't you think? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Does it really matter? Its all the same "lets see whose cock is bigger" anyway.

And wooooow, Stephen Jones (the writer) is a total fool who doesn't know what he is talking about?! Amazing, I really never knew that!

You do, y'know, realise that we in Union know that he is a total fool as well....right? :huh:

Can't we all just get along? Why do we have to have people from the North of England and some remote part of Australia yell at us about stuff like some firebrand Communist commissar? Why can't they just say nice things like "A Union player and a League player saved a Childrens Hospital from burning down last night, isn't that awesome" instead of bad things like "UNION IS OUT TO DESTROY LEAGUE! TO THE BARACADES COMRADES" and all that.

On the other hand, why can't Union guys say the same nice things instead of yelling "LOL LEAGUE IZ CRAP LULZ!" at the nearest guy with a mullet and bad teeth or blaming Rugby League for EVERYTHING that is being changed in Union? Its not League's fault, they didn't kidnap Paddy O'Brian and the other Union refs and tortured them until they agreed to change the rules! They're too busy racing whippets or having illegal sex with their sisters to do that!

New%20Dove.JPG
[/b][/quote]

:lol: Nice speech prestwick.

Yeah guys, we all play with the same (vaguely) shaped ball, we all find forward passing to be illegal and both of our posts are H shaped...lets all get along!

instead of bad things like "UNION IS OUT TO DESTROY LEAGUE! TO THE BARACADES COMRADES" and all that.[/b]

This attitude is still displayed by a lot of people who go and watch rugby league. Those days are long gone after the dark times of the 70's and 80's but a lot of people never forgive or forget. I'll never forgive and forget either, it should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet, and I blame union a lot for league not being an international sport, but the days of the code wars are gone and I welcome this. There is a lot more respect for rugby league in the union arena, as a rule, and that's all I want.

Yeah guys, we all play with the same (vaguely) shaped ball, we all find forward passing to be illegal and both of our posts are H shaped...lets all get along! [/b]

I was under the impression that there is a rouge group (led by a shadowy, blonde hair leader) of the English rugby fraternity that seek to abolish the foward pass rule.

and I blame union a lot for league not being an international sport, but the days of the code wars are gone and I welcome this. There is a lot more respect for rugby league in the union arena, as a rule, and that's all I want.[/b]

The ineptness of the code's administrators over the decades and the way they let the Super League war implode the sport is just as much, if not much more of a reason for League's lack of growth.

Like a moth to the light, the Ripper appeareth!

I agree with what you're saying, absolutely, but the fact remains that union has in the past trod on league's toes. The whole farce of the Vichy regime destroying the sport in France and the scandalous banning of the armed forced playings the game....

But this is going over old ground - we all know this happened.

A lot of those signings didn't work because most of those players mentioned moved at the end of their peaks. I still feel that players at the peaks of their game or with time on their side, Chris Ashton for example, can impact on the "other code". I think players like Sinfield and Burrow would be quality union players and Haskell and Noon would be quality league players!

Burrow is a pain in the arse, he would be a menace in either code. I'm not so sure about Sinfield - I'm yet to understand what all the fuss is about him if I'm honest.

Latest posts