• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lauaki to Captain Chiefs in upcoming S14

Yeah, I read this earlier. And without sounding like a dick, Lauaki is one of the greatest natural talents you'll see, but his decision making is one of the worst. I have seen him take the ball up on his own, to ge the ball turned over so many times, he just isn't one of those players who I could feel confident leading a team. I don't rate the Cheifs chances untill Mils returns.

Well, maybe they give him a chance during pre season. I'm happy he played a decent season last year after being sloppy for a while

I really don't think he is captain material at all. he's definitely a great impact player when you need a boost but I don't think he can inspire the entire team especially if they are on the backfoot already and some of his individual decision making is not great either so seeing him making even bigger decisions will be interesting to see.

Sometimes it works though, giving captaincy to the hothead of the team to settle him down.

Wayne Rooney, Imanol Harinordoquy, Dylan Hartley...

It's only for the first three games, if I'm not mistaken the Chiefs lost their first two games as well last season ( pretty gutted as I saw it live).
So the worst case scenario is actually a repeat of last season.
I also think Lauaki wants to prove himself as this is an ideal opportunity to try and get some caps for the AB's.

Latest posts