• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers v NRFL Rough Riders at Lincoln Financial Field on Aug 8

45 is decent really. I regularly pay ~80 for concerts and slightly less for rugby Canada games. Hell I paid 50 for just the third period of a Leafs game. That range is pretty par for the course, especially if it's a one off that "could" be a big deal.

Actually I'd be stoked to drive to Philly and pay that or more to see Leicester, if they were actually bringing their top team.

Isn't that a sign of insanity?

Exactly. The international players are the stars you want to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that a sign of insanity?
Yes, yes it is. That was before they **** the bed for the billionth time.

Go Jets.

$45 is a good price. I can't get nosebleed tix to Texans gmaes for less than $130 and they are not even a winning team!

Wow, maybe us English should stop moaning about being ripped off for sports tickets! Do they ever sell the stadium out at that price? Is this a typical price for MLB tickets? Are NFL / NBA tickets similarly steep?

Wow, maybe us English should stop moaning about being ripped off for sports tickets! Do they ever sell the stadium out at that price? Is this a typical price for MLB tickets? Are NFL / NBA tickets similarly steep?

NRG Stadium seats 71,054. The Texans AVERAGE attendance for home games in 2015 was 71,766 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance). Bob McNair & Tony Rootes are not hurting.

On a non-NRFL note, I expect that NRG Stadium will host a USA Eagles v Tier 1 Nation in 2016. While Minute Maid Park can tear out the Ruggles section and still seat 40K on a regulation pitch, They'd probably not want to risk problems in mid-season for MLB. Especially when you can just close the roof on NRG & be comfy...

The Texans are an NFL team. Outside of a couple MLB stadiums, you can get regular season MLB tickets for under $15 in the cheap seats for most games. But they also play 162 games each year in baseball.

Thanks, just came back to edit my post when I realised my mistake but you guys beat me to it! I guess if stadia are close to selling out, then the market dictates the price. Strikes me as an expensive family day out every other Sunday though!

Not surprised by what you say about MLB, I watched the Blue Jays back in 1998 for (IIRC) less money that it would have cost to watch my home rugby club play in National 2 South (level 4).

Re: the prospect of getting a good crowd, will this game be in competition with any other events in town on that date? Presumably University students will be at home at this time, which will presumably hamper efforts to put bums on seats.

Looking at flights to Philly and they are like £1000 from Heathrow.

Then looked at flights to New York from £689 not bad train tickets are £30.

I have friends and family in America so might make a do of it.

With my British charm I shall be treated like the rightful god my birthright has given me.

Ha I'll be on the lookout! Hopefully by then I'll be the lean 250 lb+ guy there who's ticked off about not being the one on the field lol.

How much were All Blacks vs Eagles tickets?
I'm not sure about the one in Chicago, but the maori all blacks-Eagles match in Philly was $25 for a ticket. That's what my teammates and I paid anyway.

Yeah most NFL teams always sell out.

Not sanctioned by USAR... hardly surprising - neither will the impending lawsuits be.

Last edited:
yeah, can't say i'm surprised...

couple of things, it's:

A: hugely disappointing, as i think it would have been an interesting thing
B: not surprising as USA Rugby has it's own pro-league plans
C: unclear to me why they announce it before the game had been sanctioned?

Trying to force their hand, probably.

If they applied before then it was basically a guaranteed no. This way they could go to them and say "we've already sold X amount of tickets, it's going to be really good for the sport"....before being told no.

B: not surprising as USA Rugby has it's own pro-league plans

And the guys behind the NRFL have openly stated they want nothing to do with Unions.

It's interesting though, because Rugbylaw (the people behind the NRFL) have had another game (Saracens B team vs Crusaders B team) sanctioned AFAIK.
That suggests to me that it's down to insurance.

And the guys behind the NRFL have openly stated they want nothing to do with Unions.

It's interesting though, because Rugbylaw (the people behind the NRFL) have had another game (Saracens B team vs Crusaders B team) sanctioned AFAIK.
That suggests to me that it's down to insurance.

Think that's still awaiting approval as it's part of the same series.

Latest posts