• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester vs Ospreys

R

Rugby_Cymru

I know this seems a bit of a taboo subject and i'm going to get plenty of people slagging it off, but I've really enjoyed the tournament.
It gives the Welsh someone different to play against, and i relish in watching the Welsh regions play against English clubs, because i don't get to see it happen often enough. It's nice to get a comparison.

So, on with the game at hand.

I just wanted to know what people think the outcome will be tomorrow.
I know Leciester want to win all the trophies they can, but surely they'll be looking to the semi's next week rather than fully concentrating on this one. Are they gonna play everyone?
Ospreys are gonna go all out for this game and I don't see why a win isn't on the cards for them.
But Leicester are a tough side and they're not easily beaten.

So how do you think it's going to end up?

p.s. Please, only post if you are interested in the result. I know how many dislike the competition and that's fine, but there's no need to post your views here.
This is strictly game talk only.
I'd rather this be the only post on the topic rather than have a bunch of people having a goat the EDF.
Cheers!

Do you happen to know if Leicester all pulling out any of their big names?
I know they've got a few injuries, that can't help...

Leicester: Sam Vesty; Tom Varndell, Dan Hipkiss, Daryl Gibson, Alesana Tuilagi; Paul Burke, Harry Ellis; Martin Castrogiovanni, George Chuter, Julian White, Leo Cullen, Ben Kay, Tom Croft, Shane Jennings, Martin Corry (capt).
Replacements: Gavin Hickie, Alex Moreno, Louis Deacon, Brett Deacon, Frank Murphy, Andy Goode, Geordan Murphy.

Ospreys: Lee Byrne; Shane Williams, Sonny Parker, Andrew Bishop, Nikki Walker; James Hook, Justin Marshall; Duncan Jones (capt), Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Brent Cockbain, Alun Wyn Jones, Ryan Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Filo Tiatia.
Replacements: Barry Williams, Paul James, Mike Powell, Richard Pugh, Jason Spice, Shaun Connor, Stefan Terblanche.

Referee: A Lewis (Ireland).

Touch judges: S McDowell and P Fitzgibbon (both Ireland).

I shall be supporting James Hook.

The only other players I particularly like that are playing are Hipkiss and Wyn-Jones.

Any Welsh side against Leicester is a tough call for who to support.

This isn't a point made to slag him off, but I can definately see Shane Williams lining up in defense as far away as possible from Tuilagi. Otherwise he will get absolutely flattened. Hernandez he ain't.

I can definately see Shane Williams lining up in defense as far away as possible from Tuilagi. Otherwise he will get absolutely flattened. Hernandez he ain't.
[/b]
LOL, thats 81 against 113 KGs :p

This isn't a point made to slag him off, but I can definately see Shane Williams lining up in defense as far away as possible from Tuilagi. Otherwise he will get absolutely flattened. Hernandez he ain't.
[/b]

If Lyn Jones hasn't thought about this already, Shane must be bricking himself with the idea.
That's the first thing i thought when i saw Tuilagi on the sheet. He's such an impact player.
But other than Shane Williams we've got a very strong defensive back line. The centres are tough lads and Walker's a lump and a half, with Byrne big enough to look after himself.

But i can see Leicester using kicking tactics tomorrow.
Lee Byrne isn't brilliant under high ball and Shane Williams is small. Crossfield kicks and Up'n'Unders ensue.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

If Lyn Jones hasn't thought about this already, Shane must be bricking himself with the idea.
That's the first thing i thought when i saw Tuilagi on the sheet. He's such an impact player.
But other than Shane Williams we've got a very strong defensive back line. The centres are tough lads and Walker's a lump and a half, with Byrne big enough to look after himself.

Lee Byrne isn't brilliant under high ball and Shane Williams is small. Crossfield kicks and Up'n'Unders ensue.
[/b][/quote] Don't give out tips to beat the Ospreys, for all we know there could a spy on here to get information, then pass it on to the Leinster camp.

I'm looking forward to the game, just hope it lives up to my expectations. Both team have picked players to win the Cup. I think it gonna be really close game, but I'm backing the Ospreys.

If I'm not mistaken, Paul Burke was the guy that played against Sale in the MS, yeah?
He had a good one then, but are they picking him tomorrow because they want Goode to play come Saturday?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote] Don't give out tips to beat the Ospreys, for all we know there could a spy on here to get information, then pass it on to the Leinster camp.
[/b][/quote]

Ok, I admit. :p

And I shall be backing Leincester!!!
[/b]
Could be an interesting team. Given the amount of Irish forwards at Leicester, maybe Ireland could send the whole lot on tour to Argentina.

I only caught five minutes towards the end, after Ospreys had closed to within 6 points. Hooke kicked away precious possession from his own 22 on minute 70, right to Leicester's fullback. Two minutes later Ospreys gave away the dumbest penalty with a tug on Ellis at the base of a ruck.

Ospreys played a very naive game.
They weren't the team they were in the semi's and they've gotta learn to pick it up for those games.
I'm really surprised it was only a few points in it by the end.
Leicester should have finished us off sooner.
But they deserved the win.

Good game to watch as a neutral.

Also nice to see Justin Marshall getting so utterly destroyed in the first half. One of the few players in world rugby I really can't stand.

Leicester's pack made the difference, as predicted, but was pleasantly suprised by the outstanding performance of Dan Hipkiss. He has been performing well all season, but really shone today. A must for England's summer tour.

...but was pleasantly suprised by the outstanding performance of Dan Hipkiss. He has been performing well all season, but really shone today. A must for England's summer tour.
[/b]

Agreed.
I didn't see who got man of the match for that game, but if Hipkiss did't get then there's something wrong with Brian Moore
He caused havoc all game and it seems not even the forwards could bring him down.

Latest posts