• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

lets all laugh at manly

R

redunderthebed

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/spor...5006066,00.html

Storm ad offends womanly Eagles By Dean Ritchie | April 10, 2008 12:00am

MELBOURNE have infuriated Manly with an advertisement promoting tomorrow night's grand final replay, which claims the Sea Eagles are women. The online advert - sent to sponsors, media and club contacts - shows Melbourne's mascot Storm Man writing 'WO' in front of MANLY to suggest the Sea Eagles are WOMANLY.

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer saw the advertisement on You Tube and took a pot-shot at the Storm.

"It's just embarrassing for the game," Mayer said."They have obviously spent their marketing budget on the legal defences of their tackling techniques."

"I'm not sure whether it is supposed to be amusing or inflammatory."

But Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron said Mayer was just being a "sook".

"Sooky, sooky, la la," Waldron said.

"Do we care what Grant Mayer says?"

Mayer said: "Obviously Brian's vocabulary is just as clever as his marketing skills."

Manly's millionaire owner Max Delmege, meanwhile, predicted Melbourne would be beaten by eight points - and they won't win this season's premiership.

Melbourne will start the game as $1.36 favourites (Manly $3) but Delmege outlined why the Storm's dominance had diminished.

"I think they have relaxed a little too much," Delmege said.

"I also think they have become a little complacent and they have also lost a few players.

"Melbourne is vulnerable. I also think there was such a big build-up for them when they reached the grand final (in 2006) and lost and then reached the grand final last year and won.

"It is a very even competition."

Waldron fired back: "Jealousy is a curse."

Delmege, who co-owns Manly with businessman Scott Penn, predicted the Sea Eagles would triumph at Olympic Park.

"No doubt about it," Delmege said. "Look at our first four games. We won two and should have won a third (a golden point loss to Newcastle).

"We should be on top of the competition. We've got a great side that is very united and very happy.

"There are no dramas in our camp. We do what we have to do.

"I think we will definitely win. The scoreline will be tight, Manly 14 Melbourne 6."

Delmege also backed the NRL's crackdown on the grapple and "chicken wing" tackles.

"It's all well and good to win but you don't want to see any player injured," he said.

"We don't need that."

[/b]

:lol:

The ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbCyftE0MbI

Bloody hell, by the sounds of the article both teams are acting like children....

I think that's pretty funny. The best answer that Manly can come up with by the way, is to give the Storm a good thumping.

I think that's pretty funny. The best answer that Manly can come up with by the way, is to give the Storm a good thumping. [/b]

Funny you should say that.

storm 26
Manly 4

:cheers: :bana:

that ad is classic. I think in the battle (pre-game and game) woMANLY came off second best

hahahahahahahahaha i like it. Simple but funny. woMANLY....

Storm musthave been confident to do somthing like that ayye cause if they got beaten it would make them look stupid

hilarious ad. makes it even more funny that they did play like women that night. i was at the game and there was a female many supporter in front of me, and when they were continuously getting scored against, she started crying !

Manly are all cats...if you support them you need your head read! North Sydney Bears should be in the NRL! I believe that foundation teams should make it over suspect teams from 1947.

Latest posts