• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Licenses

S

sackman

gooday all , i`m sure this has been answered , but for example will teams like new zealand and south africa have their real player names???

Originally posted by sackman@Nov 15 2005, 06:21 PM
gooday all , i`m sure this has been answered , but for example will teams like new zealand and south africa have their real player names???
No SH licenses unfortunately... all the licenses acquired have been NH based as that is where they're working from.

Originally posted by sanzar@Nov 15 2005, 07:37 PM
... all the licenses acquired have been NH based as that is where they're working from.

That's not actually true. All the licenses are NH based as the SH ones are not available. We really wanted to get SH content, but it was not possible.

Presumably we have EA to thank for that one?

Also Trev - is there a player stat editor?

thank you so much guys for your quick reply really apprecieated , o well if someone can ta last just produce a rugby game with great fluidity and gameplay i`l be happy with what ever licenses are offered

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 16 2005, 06:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 16 2005, 06:07 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@Nov 15 2005, 07:37 PM
... all the licenses acquired have been NH based as that is where they're working from.

That's not actually true. All the licenses are NH based as the SH ones are not available. We really wanted to get SH content, but it was not possible. [/b]
whats the deal with the lisences trev?

why do you get the nh, and not the sh? do they have a collective licenses agreement or something like that? is it a very expensive part of the game? do the north make a agreement with you not to get the sh? jsut say woah if it becomes a bit touchy on the legal side of things...

and if i was doug howlett, and said "swordfish, you can put me in the game" would you still be able to do it?

if so i am doug howlett and can i be in the game?

I think it's because EA had the southern licences, and I highly doubt Swordfish's publishers were going to splash out bigtime on them....That's if they had the option to.

Edit: And players names and likenesses fall under their respective Rugby Unions.

Edit2: Or the Players Unions etc.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 16 2005, 11:23 PM
I think it's because EA had the southern licences, and I highly doubt Swordfish's publishers were going to splash out bigtime on them....That's if they had the option to.

Edit: And players names and likenesses fall under their respective Rugby Unions.

Edit2: Or the Players Unions etc.
and so ea had dips on them? (or said if you can find someone whos willing to pay more for it, be my guest?)

That's my guess as well. Also, it seems as if EA didn't even bother about trying to get NH licenses.

im not too sure, and i could be thinking of league

but didnt southern hemishphere unions have a collective agreement, and the north dont?

and if the north didnt get licenced by ea, then how did they get logos etc?

I have no idea.

...And EA got the licenses for the players, but not the teams and competitions. Eg. Harlequins had their ugly kit still, but it was a fake kit as they didn't have the licences....And they weren't called the Harlequins.

lol one of my mates was like

"man this games so gay, it doesnt even have the team andrew merhtins is going to.

i wsa like
<
hes so stupid that guy. lol

Latest posts