• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life Ban For...

He got what he deserved. He's also currently the subject of a ban from all football grounds in the Nottingham area.

I was at Halifax watching Wigan once and a Halifax supporter near to us walked onto the pitch and abused referee Steve Ganson, gave him a little shove. I'm not sure of the punishment he got.

well everyone knows wat happens if you interrupt a allblacks/sth african test match

you get a beat down from bothsides....dont touch the ref fellaz

So all that the guy did was yell at Lomu? Is jeering opposition players not accepted in Europe? (actual question, I'm not being sarcastic)

Originally posted by Geoff@Jan 14 2006, 01:47 AM
So all that the guy did was yell at Lomu? Is jeering opposition players not accepted in Europe? (actual question, I'm not being sarcastic)
Just in the Home Nations. Loutish behavoir telling players/other fans/anyone to 'go f*** themselves', making racial slurs or anything of this behavoir is not tolerated at all in Rugby grounds (unless of course, it's a French player or a Referee/Toutch Judge your shouting at!). It's at the point where you'll be lynched by your own fans for shouting such comments, let alone the away fans or Stewards.

All the arseholes go to watch Football matches (and normally 'run with a firm') instead, which by the way he's banned from all Football grounds in Nottingham until 2009, proberbly was.

Plus, if it serious enough to get into the press for one person, it was more than mear heckling.

If you treat a player like he did then your asking for a ST for Man UTD, quite frankly.

We don't want this sport turning into Football do we?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jan 14 2006, 02:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jan 14 2006, 02:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Geoff
@Jan 14 2006, 01:47 AM
Just in the Home Nations. Loutish behavoir telling players/other fans/anyone to 'go f*** themselves', making racial slurs or anything of this behavoir is not tolerated at all in Rugby grounds (unless of course, it's a French player or a Referee/Toutch Judge your shouting at!). It's at the point where you'll be lynched by your own fans for shouting such comments, let alone the away fans or Stewards.

All the arseholes go to watch Football matches (and normally 'run with a firm') instead, which by the way he's banned from all Football grounds in Nottingham until 2009, proberbly was.

Plus, if it serious enough to get into the press for one person, it was more than mear heckling. [/b]
Ok, it just seemed kind of weird because the article never mentioned what he was saying to Lomu - racial slurs etc. So if he'd just been yelling "hey Lomu, you suck!" or "Do something decent you f***ing useless *******!" it would have been fine? Would fans at a rugby game ever be chanting an opposition player's name in the hopes of distracting them? It happens fairly often here at hockey games (usually the away goalie).

Originally posted by Geoff+Jan 14 2006, 06:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Geoff @ Jan 14 2006, 06:46 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 14 2006, 02:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Geoff
@Jan 14 2006, 01:47 AM

Plus, if it serious enough to get into the press for one person, it was more than mear heckling.
Ok, it just seemed kind of weird because the article never mentioned what he was saying to Lomu - racial slurs etc. So if he'd just been yelling "hey Lomu, you suck!" or "Do something decent you f***ing useless *******!" it would have been fine? Would fans at a rugby game ever be chanting an opposition player's name in the hopes of distracting them? It happens fairly often here at hockey games (usually the away goalie). [/b]
It's racist slurs and swearing that aren't accepted, apart from when their at the french.

Because their fair game!
<

Latest posts