• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions sign USA Eagles Captain

Thats good for USA Eagles I think.

New experience brought to team means much.

He is quite a big guy, I won't be suprised if he plays eighth man. With Van Niekerk leaving this season it's even more likely.
SA is spoilt with loose forwards so having an extra foreign won't hamper anyones development. Actually could help since he is so experienced.

I've seen him play. He's quite good. Not as good as Dan Lyle was but good enough.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 10 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thats good for USA Eagles I think.

New experience brought to team means much.[/b]
Yes they don't play nearly as much as other teams out there.

This is great news.

Clever's gone to the Lions, Palamo and Ngwenya are at Biarritz and Sarries just signed Chris Wyles.

What made Argentina good is having a lot of players playing high level rugby abroad. It seems someone in the US is trying to do the same with their players.

Unfortunately Chris Wyles will never be great wherever he plays his rugby.

I've seen Wyles and he does seem to work hard and generally (so far, touch wood) hasn't caused any major gaffes while also being dangerous in attack.

On the flipside however, I don't think he's international material. He may well end up just being useful to clubs and not allot else to be honest...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Schweinsteiger_Webby @ Nov 6 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unfortunately Chris Wyles will never be great wherever he plays his rugby.[/b]

hey, if Eddie Jones thinks he's good then he's good.

on a more serious note, regardless of whether he's 'international material' it's important that minnow players get to experience high intensity rugby week in week out rather than just every 4 years or on the end of a walloping when the big nations deign to play them.

It's good for our domestic game for sure. Clever stands out amongst the US Team. A lot of my players who don't ever see international rugby think he's the best player ever. So it gives them a good domestic role model.

***please note I don't agree with my players.

I've only ever seen him play on the Sevens circuit, but I was incredibly impressed with him even then. Good to see he's being given a go.

I think this is awesome. Mainly cause i feel sorry for the Lions. They try and try and try but just don't have what it takes to beat the bigger sides. Also because i live in Johannesburg, and love it here, so i also feel happy when they win. I hope he does well, and manages to enjoy himself.

Good on him i hope he plays well for them it will be a great experience boost for the eagles too

Latest posts