• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions TMO

Marnhullman

Academy Player
The TMO does not have to be present at the match they could be located anywhere in the world since they're looking at a TV screen so a neutral replacement could easily have been found for the first test.

While I agree in principle, I'm not sure it's that easy. The TMOs are usually outside the grounds in a little van full of equipment. Maybe they could be located anywhere in the world but maybe not.

We are assuming that especially if they didn't plan for the TMO to be anywhere else.

i know in football that at the Euros in the summer of the VAR were located at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. Also the last World Cup in Russia they were all in Moscow. So it is possible to have them away from the ground with prior planning

Does the VAR have the same multitude of camera angles to choose from?

The TMO does not have to be present at the match they could be located anywhere in the world since they're looking at a TV screen so a neutral replacement could easily have been found for the first test.
I found the replays in the last match quite basic compared to international games in the UK. Normally every angle and every blade of grass is covered by a hi def camera. But last Saturday they kept repeating the same couple of replays. Hopefully the VAR has more to choose from.