• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

List of Tournaments here

Originally posted by robbinho@Feb 7 2005, 11:08 PM
so i'm guessing we're not talking fully licensed European cup teams then? We're going to get Paris instead of Stade Francais, dodgy logos and kits.

crap.
Maybe they won't even get the rights to use proper city names and you'll have to play as "Bith."

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 7 2005, 10:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (locksley @ Feb 7 2005, 10:26 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 7 2005, 10:22 PM
world championship?....isnt it world cup?
Not in this it's not!
<

As for up to date teams, to be honest, I wouldn't know who plays for who with union sides, but I know one thing, Dom Feaunati and Maurie Fa'asavalu play for St Helens RLFC, and have done for over a year. But, they're in the Samoan team in Rugby 2005! [/b]
Yes, but are they in the Pacific Islanders team in Rugby 2005? -- and by that I mean:

Are the Pacific Islanders in Rugby 2005?

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 7 2005, 07:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 7 2005, 07:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-robbinho
@Feb 7 2005, 11:08 PM
so i'm guessing we're not talking fully licensed European cup teams then?  We're going to get Paris instead of Stade Francais, dodgy logos and kits.

crap.
Maybe they won't even get the rights to use proper city names and you'll have to play as "Bith." [/b]
Man, that would be twice as gutting to have to play as an unlicensed "Northclampdown", or something stupid
<

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 8 2005, 06:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 8 2005, 06:31 AM)</div>
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 7 2005, 10:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89

Not in this it's not!
<

As for up to date teams, to be honest, I wouldn't know who plays for who with union sides, but I know one thing, Dom Feaunati and Maurie Fa'asavalu play for St Helens RLFC, and have done for over a year. But, they're in the Samoan team in Rugby 2005!
Yes, but are they in the Pacific Islanders team in Rugby 2005? -- and by that I mean:

Are the Pacific Islanders in Rugby 2005? [/b]
Yes, thats the big question for me as well.

I presume the "world league" is all the club teams doing battle, especially as the International teams will already have tri, six, and 10 nations???

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 8 2005, 06:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 8 2005, 06:52 AM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 8 2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 7 2005, 10:26 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89

Not in this it's not!
<

As for up to date teams, to be honest, I wouldn't know who plays for who with union sides, but I know one thing, Dom Feaunati and Maurie Fa'asavalu play for St Helens RLFC, and have done for over a year. But, they're in the Samoan team in Rugby 2005!

Are the Pacific Islanders in Rugby 2005?
Yes, thats the big question for me as well.

I presume the "world league" is all the club teams doing battle, especially as the International teams will already have tri, six, and 10 nations??? [/b]
Yeah, I'm thinking World League will be the same as it was in Rugby 2004 -- you take a club team, points, etc -- which ain't too bad. I enjoyed it until the shoddy gameplay made me despise the game entirely.

But it would be nice if the Pacific Islanders are in.

Incidentally, anyone check out the 'features' of Rugby 2004 on their official website? It says they had 95 teams in all. 95? Where? Who?

And the 10 Nations tournament sounds ridiculous. Why not just have a customized Tournament for your liking?

For Christ's sake, EA, stop trying to think for us and just LISTEN TO US.

ok

have heard we have no career mode, but we have world league

to me thats no difference

there a few scew-iffs going around now...and a jury is browsing the boards

Difficulty?? - well this issue hasnt been addressed in full depth, but comments surrounding the matter arent good
Kicking game?? - from video's it looks dodgy as, but i can see it working for some reason....looks easy to pinpoint a kick downfield.
Hitstick?? - where did it go????
Rucks?? - have heard contradicting points from people that have played it
Kicking for goal?? - been given good wraps and really emphasised.......but its a small element of rugby.......is the talk of how good goal kicking is,a distraction to us from asking the doomed questions on gameplay
Demo - there's about 66 going around, EA training camp have ballsed up, and no demo will be there........surely magazines will have them soon........there too much demo talk for there not to be a pre-release demo
Release date?? - will be mid march at earliest i reckon........simply coz it like anyother game, and will come out later than expected by 2 weeks minimum

HOW GOOD IS THE HAKA - the only bright side to the latest scew-iffs on Rugby 2005.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 8 2005, 07:58 AM
For Christ's sake, EA, stop trying to think for us and just LISTEN TO US.
Never was a truer word spoken...

God its annoying the amount of *****ing that goes on in these forums.

99% of you haven't even played the game and sit there whining about how **** it is. For crying out loud, stop being impatient and wait and see how the game stacks up.

And if all else fails, go outside and kick the football around and work off some of that McDonalds/Playstation/*****ing all day on internet forum obesity.

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 8 2005, 10:06 AM

99% of you haven't even played the game and sit there whining about how **** it is. For crying out loud, stop being impatient and wait and see how the game stacks up.

And if all else fails, go outside and kick the football around and work off some of that McDonalds/Playstation/*****ing all day on internet forum obesity.
You haven't even been here for 5 minutes mate! What are you on about?

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 8 2005, 10:06 AM

It's hard to put that on everyone when you consider the quality of the previous ***le. EA messed up badly and they really owe it to the loyal fans to make amends for Rugby 2004.

Back to topic, I'm personally not to bothered by the loss of the World Cup. Sure it would have been better as well as the inclusion of the NPC and Zurich Premiership, but if the gameplay is as good as some of the evidence suggests then those additional licences/tournaments are not a big loss. As with most other people, gameplay is the most important element of a ***le IMO, so if that area is good then I will be very happy.

I think thats the main point really... so we don't get all the teams that we want, but if the gameplay is decent enough we should still be able to enjoy the game and make full use of the national/club teams and competitions available...

even PES4 had to go through so many revisions before it reached the heady heights it is at now

... I just hope this franchise becomes a yearly release as opposed to every 2 years and the improvements are steady and in proportion - I don't wanna wait 2 years to play the Zurich Prem/NPC then 2 more years to play the Celtic League/Currie Cup!

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 8 2005, 11:06 AM
So that begs the question. Why did you join this forum and WHY are you posting in the Rugby 2005 section?

What an unworthy presumption - you could be an internet troll for all we know. Many people here play the sport, or different sports for that matter. Leave now if you want to cause problems, all *****ing threads are deleted, ok?...
<

hey he's juss playing with us!

im obsessed with rugby but im keeping it in until rugby 2005 comes out!

wat u said bout us shudnt be taken heavily it shud be taken lightly...heck we shud laugh..ha..ha..ha..ha..ha!!!

anyhoo ..................*breathing heavily*......i cant wait!!

Hey Kinkon! don't worry about sending the game down now! its being sent so i don't matter! thanks anyway mate
<

Originally posted by subsbligh@Feb 7 2005, 11:06 PM

Lol. You ***.

Considering we have someone on the forum who has played the game and told us exactly what's in it, I think it's fairly reasonable to talk about things we think should have been included. That's the point of a forum.

Ad for the other bit, I personally haven't been near a McDonalds in over a year, don't own a playstation, and play rugby 3-4 times a week, so to be honest I'm actually looking to put on weight.

Latest posts