Tri Nations
Six Nations
10 Nations
Super 12
European Trophy
World League
Lions Tour

That's the full lot!

Those Zurich premiership fans are gonna be ******.
Me, I was pretty sure there'd be no NPC ages ago.

Any team creation function?

Cheers bro. What the hell is the 10 Nations? Kind of defeats the purpose of a World Cup. Also dude, are the teams listed up to date, 2004 or 2005 playing rosters?

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 7 2005, 10:22 PM
world championship?....isnt it world cup?
Not in this it's not!
<

As for up to date teams, to be honest, I wouldn't know who plays for who with union sides, but I know one thing, Dom Feaunati and Maurie Fa'asavalu play for St Helens RLFC, and have done for over a year. But, they're in the Samoan team in Rugby 2005!

Locksley, a lot of people are really down on the tactical kicking in this game.
Is it just players who aren't designated as kickers who are crap.
Or is it all of them, (god I hope not).

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 7 2005, 10:08 PM
World Championship
Tri Nations
Six Nations
10 Nations
Super 12
European Trophy
World League
Lions Tour

That's the full lot!
So EA can afford to buy exclusive rights to the NFL for in excess of $1 billion, but won't fork out the cash to get the rights to the RWC or Heinekin cup... thats pretty sad.

Originally posted by Wally@Feb 7 2005, 11:29 PM
Can you remember who is in the 10 Nations?
At a guess I'd say the Tri Nations teams, 6 Nations teams, plus Argentina

Hey guys come on. Give EA some slack ok -- this is the first time that we actually get a decent rugby ***le from them. Don't you think that they want feed back for next years game. I saw yeah sure no Heineken cup. SO F*cking what. Lets just get the game first play it and then critisize mmmkay?

so i'm guessing we're not talking fully licensed European cup teams then? We're going to get Paris instead of Stade Francais, dodgy logos and kits.

crap.

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 7 2005, 11:06 PM
Hey guys come on. Give EA some slack ok -- this is the first time that we actually get a decent rugby ***le from them. Don't you think that they want feed back for next years game. I saw yeah sure no Heineken cup. SO F*cking what. Lets just get the game first play it and then critisize mmmkay?
Cut them some slack???? How about they cut us some f***en slack!!! They're a multi BILLION dollar corporation! By far the biggest game publisher of all time! For them to invest 5 times as much as they have so far into a Rugby ***le, would barely cause a blip on their financial radar!
Cut them some slack!?!?!? You make it sound like we owe them!

Sanzar erm actually we do owe them. If it weren't for them you'd still be playing sumthin like world class rugby on a 486. Come on dude all im saying is just chill with the whole EA IS A BAD COMPANY type of thing and wait for the game before we nail those suckers to a cross

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 7 2005, 11:44 PM
Sanzar erm actually we do owe them. If it weren't for them you'd still be playing sumthin like world class rugby on a 486. Come on dude all im saying is just chill with the whole EA IS A BAD COMPANY type of thing and wait for the game before we nail those suckers to a cross
Yeah I know mate... But it just shits me to see how much money is put into making these brilliant NBA, NFL, FIFA and NHL ***les, but then see very little attention given to Rugby or Cricket... Thankfully more and more companies are making Rugby games and thus EA is being forced to pull their finger out and do some work, but Rugby games are still way behind every other major sport to become a video game.

Damn that's sad

Where is the zurich Premiership
Where is the French Top 16
Where's the celtic league
where are the licenses for the Heineken cup and european shield

I guess EAsports is saving some money to buy exclusive rights for the NBA and MLB for the next 5 years.

In that cas they could have at least given us a team editor feature so we could change the teams ourselves.

Maybe next time guys.

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 7 2005, 10:08 PM
World Championship
Tri Nations
Six Nations
10 Nations
Super 12
European Trophy
World League
Lions Tour

That's the full lot!
While not ideal and without any real advance over the last versions number of teams, we shouln't be too critical of the lack of NPC, Zurich Prem, Top 16 and Celtic League... how long did it take the FIFA games to reach the stage they're at now? that range of football game has been goin since the ealry '90s, we've had EA rugby since 2001 - so there is plenty of time to advance the series

Although the inclusion of a team creator would prob solve most fanatics problems, because if you wanted a team badly enough you could then create it yourself (not everyone's cup of tea, hence the "fanatics")

as long as the gameplay is decent (get the basics right!) and the difficulty is appropriate, we should be able to enjoy this game plenty, and I reckon it will help see me through another year before R2006

World Championship ...is this the same as the World Cup with no license?
Tri Nations ...how could you leave this out?
Six Nations ...how could they not include it?
10 Nations ...whats the point in this?
Super 12 ...same as last time really
European Trophy ...where's that much talked about license and what English, French & Welsh teams feature
World League ... is this a club team league? or just all the national teams?
Lions Tour ...can we tour anywhere else, or are we stuck with NZ?

... so with all these locksley, can we still create our own tournaments? and if so, how complex can these custom tournaments be?

it would have been nice if EA/HB had created the few extra English teams, the 1 Scottish team and 1 Irish team that would fully complement the their respective domestic leagues - that would not have taken up too much time/work... you would need to create substantially more french teams to make the Top16 and the full list of teams from the NPC & Currie Cup, so i can kinda see how it was too much for them to create all those competitions (licensed or not)

still waiting to get my chance to play this thing tho, for good or bad

Can't believe the lack of licenses. If Digital Jesters and Cyanide can get hold of the official European teams, kits etc, then why the hell are EA so damn lazy! Have to agree with sanzar, there is no way EA can't afford the official rights to all the teams, it just stinks of a "can't be bothered, lets not take a risk on a rugby game" attitude.

Latest posts