Llanelli v Wasps

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Llanelli.png
Llanelli v Wasps
Wasps.png
</div>

Simon Easterby returns to captain the Scarlets side to face Wasps as they look to bounce back from their heavy defeat last Sunday against Clermont. Easterby takes the place of James Bater in the back row. Mark Jones returns on the wing having missed last weekend's thrashing.

Wasps have yet to name their side.

Llanelli: 15 Morgan Stoddart, 14 Mark Jones, 13 Regan King, 12 Gavin Evans, 11 Matthew Watkins, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Dwayne Peel, 8 Alix Popham, 7 Gavin Thomas, 6 Simon Easterby ©, 5 Scott MacLeod, 4 Vernon Cooper, 3 Deacon Manu, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Iestyn Thomas.

Replacements: 16 James Hayter, 17 Bruce Douglas, 18 Adam Eustace, 19 Nathan Thomas, 20 Liam Davies, 21 Rhys Priestland, 22 Daniel Evans

So what's the likely outcome, will the Scarlets bounce back or will Wasps take the sting out of Llanelli's campaign, your thoughts???

<div align="center">
Llanelli.png
Llanelli v Wasps
Wasps.png

Simon Easterby returns to captain the Scarlets side to face Wasps as they look to bounce back from their heavy defeat last Sunday against Clermont. Easterby takes the place of James Bater in the back row. Mark Jones returns on the wing having missed last weekend's thrashing.

Wasps have yet to name their side.

Llanelli: 15 Morgan Stoddart, 14 Mark Jones, 13 Regan King, 12 Gavin Evans, 11 Matthew Watkins, 10 Stephen Jones, 9 Dwayne Peel, 8 Alix Popham, 7 Gavin Thomas, 6 Simon Easterby ©, 5 Scott MacLeod, 4 Vernon Cooper, 3 Deacon Manu, 2 Matthew Rees, 1 Iestyn Thomas.

Replacements: 16 James Hayter, 17 Bruce Douglas, 18 Adam Eustace, 19 Nathan Thomas, 20 Liam Davies, 21 Rhys Priestland, 22 Daniel Evans

So what's the likely outcome, will the Scarlets bounce back or will Wasps take the sting out of Llanelli's campaign, your thoughts???

[/b][/quote]
It's gonna be tough down at Stradey, but I think the Men in Black are turning the corner. Hopefully they can build on their performance against Munster last weekend !!

Llanelli to win. I'd be surprised if we lose at Stradey, even behind a poor forwards pack. But the Wasps have every chance of winning this game. I'd say it's 50/50 in general but I'd go for Llanelli, losing to Clermont in France means nothing, they're arguably one of the best teams in Europe with their squad.

Scarlets are unpredicatble. Could Wasps have put too much into coming back first against Gloucester and then Munster? Do they have anything left in the tank after two electric enounters? Signs point to yes but is it enough?

Scarlet have been knocked but like all Welsh Provinces, they never really give up and it'll be this tenatious nature which could be the undoing of Wasps.

I liked the look of the Scarlets last year. The usual Welsh flair in the backs, but there was good fringe defence, and the pack had some grind. Hard to tell if they've gone backward with the Clermont match.

Wasps are hard fcukers and will get better.

Munster want a Scarlets win, without a bonus point for either side. And then we shall have our revenge ... on the world.

It's down to the Wasps pack and their defence. They will want to strangle the game and shut Llanelli's backline down. If they can do this they will win. If Llanelli get good quick ball, they could get a bonus point.

Well, we're 10 - 24 behind, poor refereeing (where Fraser Walters deserved a yellow card after being blatantly offside to save a try, and where Danny Cipriani went to score a try despite being held in a tackle). Really bloody annoying.

Also, annoyingly, the Western Mail hinted to a 4 - 0 whitewash for the Welsh regions over the English opposition. Not a single Welsh region won a game this weekend. Great predictions, you guys :|

I have to give full credit to Wasps who did a great job today. Llanelli is not the easiest place to go but the Wasps fronted up as they always do and did the job. Considering the Gravell funeral and the passion that I thought would bring I was very dissapointed with the Scarlets. What price on Wasps now?

Well, I don't think their chances are any different. Unless Llanelli turn this horrid form around, then both Clermont and Munster will get bonus point wins here aswell.

<div class='quotemain'>

What price on Wasps now? [/b]

You won't get out of Thomond Park alive.

[/b][/quote]

Wasps have a strong set piece and great defence. Ahat happened the last time an English team like that took on Munster at home?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

What price on Wasps now? [/b]

You won't get out of Thomond Park alive.

[/b][/quote]

Wasps have a strong set piece and great defence. Ahat happened the last time an English team like that took on Munster at home?
[/b][/quote]

Too true . wasps are the type of team who could go to thomond park and get the win. They will certainly fight a damn sight harder than Cermont.

What price on Wasps now?
[/b]

If they can sort the lineout, they're a contender for sure. All the French teams stuttered this weekend, but they are only in their 4th week of their campaign.

Really need to sort out the line-out. Not good enough against tougher teams. I'm hopeful. Cipriani is looking a class act, and we still have the likes of Lewsey and Palmer to come back from injury. Allez, Allez, Allez !!!!

Latest posts