• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Locks not Catching in the Lineout....any solutions?

JonnyPCash

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
Hey folks,

Hoping someone may know of a solution.
Having trouble getting some locks to take lineout catches.
I have experienced it before and a simple substitution to the other lock eg changing lock 4 to lock 5 worked for some of the players.
However noticed it's not working for some specific locks. eg Adam Coleman (AUS), Rory Arnold (AUS), Sam Whitelock (NZ). The ball just goes past them and it just bounces aimlessly on the ground behind them.

Anyone know of any fix to this?
I can't seem to figure out why. I played around with stats in editing players menu but no joy. I looked at locks who could jump in the lineout and mirrored their stats but it didn't make a difference.
Some teams no problems with it. eg. Argentina and Wellington and the Blues and Crusaders (even though Whitelock is in there!) and Hurricanes.

Hey folks,

Hoping someone may know of a solution.
Having trouble getting some locks to take lineout catches.
I have experienced it before and a simple substitution to the other lock eg changing lock 4 to lock 5 worked for some of the players.
However noticed it's not working for some specific locks. eg Adam Coleman (AUS), Rory Arnold (AUS), Sam Whitelock (NZ). The ball just goes past them and it just bounces aimlessly on the ground behind them.

Anyone know of any fix to this?
I can't seem to figure out why. I played around with stats in editing players menu but no joy. I looked at locks who could jump in the lineout and mirrored their stats but it didn't make a difference.
Some teams no problems with it. eg. Argentina and Wellington and the Blues and Crusaders (even though Whitelock is in there!) and Hurricanes.

Hey, so I noticed this too, and it is only when throwing to the first jumper in the lineout. I believe it's to do with their height, I keep players under 1.96metres and it seems to work fine. Frustrating though that something so simple made it into the game. perhaps with players you can't edit, swap the locks around in the team editor.

Hey, so I noticed this too, and it is only when throwing to the first jumper in the lineout. I believe it's to do with their height, I keep players under 1.96metres and it seems to work fine. Frustrating though that something so simple made it into the game. perhaps with players you can't edit, swap the locks around in the team editor.

Thank you Zay. really appreciate that help! How did you figure that out? Seems pretty random especially when many locks are over 2m tall now. I had a bit of a play with the heights and the cutoff seems to be 2.00m or 200cm. Sucks when you have SA where every lock is well over that (thank goodness for Mostert so I could change without editing!
Once again thanks for the help.

Thank you Zay. really appreciate that help! How did you figure that out? Seems pretty random especially when many locks are over 2m tall now. I had a bit of a play with the heights and the cutoff seems to be 2.00m or 200cm. Sucks when you have SA where every lock is well over that (thank goodness for Mostert so I could change without editing!
Once again thanks for the help.

Just trial and error until I found a common theme, and yeah, 2metres is the hotspot. I just aim for 1.96 since its hard to get the slider exactly 2.0 sometimes. No worries and good luck!

Latest posts