• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lomu turns down league switch :D

G

Gavin

Jonah Lomu has said no to rugby league and yes to rugby union.. Thank God..
He is a union player and should finish his career in union where he made his name..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10407953

Lets just hope he can pull something off and get into the Super 14 with one of the other teams, perhaps in South Africa or Australia..

:D :D *Three cheers for Jonah* :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jonah Lomu has said no to rugby league and yes to rugby union.. Thank God..
He is a union player and should finish his career in union where he made his name..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cf...jectID=10407953

Lets just hope he can pull something off and get into the Super 14 with one of the other teams, perhaps in South Africa or Australia..

*Three cheers for Jonah*

I just want to see him play. If it's league, if it's union, if it's tag rugby, heck...I'll watch him play EA Sports Rugby 2006...Just Let Him Play. The Super 14 have their heads up their asses, in my humble opinion, for not signing him somewhere. From a commercial standpoint as the super 14 and their respective teams being global symbols of rugby (as it's one of the main competitions broadcast worldwide) you'd think that the commercial prospect of Lomu on your team would alone qualify signing him. Idiots.

But none of the NZ Super 14 Franchises would want him, and its very rare for a player to play in a different countries S14 Franchise, the most high profile ones I can think of are Tony Brown and Clyde Rathbone (who had decleared his alliegance to Australia anyway)

*Three cheers for Jonah*
[/b]

Why? because he'll never play competitive rugby again?

His only option now is to play lower league rugby up north or amature rugby in Australia or New Zealand.... quite sad for one of the former greats of the game.

It is rather sad. Once the most devestating player off all time, and now this. Poor fellow, it must really cut him up inside to know what he is capable of yet he cant pull it off.

Latest posts