• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Long To Souths

E

esoj

Sena Long would like to play for souths next year in the nrl but still has 2 years on his contract and needs a release.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/star-hal...l?oneclick=true
Great Britain halfback Sean Long will appeal to St Helens officials' sense of gratitude for his long service to the club in a desperate bid to gain a release to join South Sydney.

Long last night outlined his case to escape a two-year contract as teammate Mark Edmonson was strongly linked to Sydney Roosters in an apparent swap for forward Jason Cayless.

"It's something I'd like to do, play in the NRL," 28-year-old Long said last night. "I've never had a chance and now there's and opportunity so, yeah, I'm up for it.

"I've got two years left on my contract. It's up to them, I'll go. If they don't, I can't do nothing about it."

Long said he was waiting for St Helens chairman Eamon McManus to ring him back.

What do you think St Helens will it happen?

Can't see it. As far as I'm aware Long is staying although we have a ready made replacement at Saints.

Is this the kid with the dirty arse pony tale? I hate him, but he'd only do good things for Souths. If it helps out the Bunnies then I'll back him. Maybe they'll even get Russel Crowe to help with the signing.

Originally posted by Wally@Aug 14 2005, 06:27 AM
Is this the kid with the dirty arse pony tale? I hate him, but he'd only do good things with Souths. If it helps out the Bunnies I'll bunny. Maybe they'll even get Russel Crowe to back the signing.
He has had his hair cut now.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc@Aug 14 2005, 02:10 AM
Some Saints fans I have spoken too would be glad to see the back of him.
Not always the most popular player.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Aug 14 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 14 2005, 05:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wigan_rlfc
@Aug 14 2005, 02:10 AM
Some Saints fans I have spoken too would be glad to see the back of him.
Not always the most popular player. [/b]
I bet he isn't.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 19 2005, 09:10 AM
Better than Denis "interception" Moron though.
True.

Much better all round, but very occasionally Moran shows flair that Long could not keep up with.

All Moran has over Long is pace. Once he's gone, he stays gone. He throws too many wayward passes, telegraphs too many of his passes, and whilst a good player is just not good enough for Wigan.

Love the avatar, by the way.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 19 2005, 03:27 PM
All Moran has over Long is pace. Once he's gone, he stays gone. He throws too many wayward passes, telegraphs too many of his passes, and whilst a good player is just not good enough for Wigan.

Love the avatar, by the way.
Pat Mustard
<

Latest posts