• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Magners League - Stcherbina moves to the Dragons

T

Thingimubob

Blues' Stcherbina joins Dragons

Australia A centre Marc Stcherbina has left the Blues to join regional rivals the Dragons on a one-year contract.

Stcherbina, 31, has made 52 appearances in three years at the Arms Park, but a serious shoulder problem limited his impact last season.

Stcherbina began his career with New South Wales Waratahs before moving to Biarritz, then to England for a successful spell with Northampton.

"We're delighted to get Marc," Dragons coach Paul Turner told the Argus.

"We tend to lack a bit of experience and direction and Marc will bring us that." Meanwhile, the Dragons have been drawn against London Irish in the Middlesex Sevens (16 August)[/b]

And the Blues management continue to confuse me... We sign bloody Ceri Sweeney 'as a 12', when it's an established fact that he's a useless 10, so what's the hope of him being a decent 12, and then to top it off we give them one of our better inside centres... The only good thing about this is we can now sign another overseas player, maybe we can get ahead of Toulon and sign Dan Carter like icWales predicted... <_<

Good move for all I reckon Stich was not great last season for us and I reckon we could get hold of Nonu!

I liked the look of Dafydd Hewitt last year and want to see how he carries on and progresses. Opinions on him?

I liked the look of Dafydd Hewitt last year and want to see how he carries on and progresses. Opinions on him? [/b]

School Report: Dafydd seemed a good player and enjoyed much success in 7's practice recently. But unfortunatly Dafydd needs to turn up to games more often to show he has good potential!

to be fair to Stcherbina, he was injured for a lot of last season, but he did have a fair few good games. The Scarlets game at the Arms Park sticks in my mind the most.

Yeah, Daf Hewitt played well when he was given the chance at 12, should be a prospect for next season, could even break into the Wales Squad if they do a developmental tour while the Lions is on. Definately needs more game time, and would much prefer him at 12 that Gareth Thomas. Would like to see Dai Flannagan getting more game time too, possibly even coming on a few times at 12 to work with Nicky Robinson.

Latest posts