• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Major League Rugby

Still waiting on any information about Rugby ATL's move to Los Angeles. The move was announced back on August 17th, but I haven't seen any updates since.

Waiting GIF

Last edited:
Bad news from Canada. :(

With both Toronto and New York exiting things look bleak. Still 100% dependent on sugar daddies and they aren't exactly lining up.

With both Toronto and New York exiting things look bleak. Still 100% dependent on sugar daddies and they aren't exactly lining up.
No more Mobsters (New York) vs Lobsters (New England). :( Too bad, it was one of the better rivalries. And MLR still hasn't announced a venue for Rugby ATL's move to Los Angeles. I wouldn't be surprised if that deal falls through. If it does MLR will drop from 13 to 10 teams, just like Premiership.

Last edited:

Excited for them, but I feel this isn't going to work out.
IDK what would work ATM really.

I would like to see the Americas version of the European cup or super rugby with the top teams of the South, Central and North American countries playing each other in a mini competition.

But how to get to that point I do not know.

But rugby seem to be growing in Latin america, Chile and Brazil have made good progress in recent years. I feel Mexico would benefit from there line for growth more than the MLR route

Excited for them, but I feel this isn't going to work out.
IDK what would work ATM really.

I would like to see the Americas version of the European cup or super rugby with the top teams of the South, Central and North American countries playing each other in a mini competition.

But how to get to that point I do not know.

But rugby seem to be growing in Latin america, Chile and Brazil have made good progress in recent years. I feel Mexico would benefit from there line for growth more than the MLR route
I think a team from Mexico would fit better in Super Rugby Americas than it would in Major League Rugby. But if they do join MLR, I hope it works out. 🏉

Last edited:
Alright, we finally have a new name for the team that moved from Atlanta to Los Angeles.

Latest posts