• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

make it like JLR -

F

funksoulbrother

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
All I want is a game like Jonah Lomu, better graphics and good gameplay and by good I mean Pro Evolution Soccer good, or Madden good.[/b]
by CDT

to the makers of WRC 2 - make it like JLR - thats all we want - how hard can it be to make it better than a game from 1997?

WCR 1 was carp

dont worry about adding extras - just make the game play good - even if the graphics are as stupid as JLR we dont care.

i almost agree. i mean ur rite the gameplay gotta be the same one of jlr but the graphic gotta be the same of wcr.

Originally posted by Badboy@Jul 16 2004, 05:26 AM
i almost agree. i mean ur rite the gameplay gotta be the same one of jlr but the graphic gotta be the same of wcr.
yep - all im saying is that they shouldnt worry about making the best graphics of all time - they should spend all their time on making the game play spotless - like JLR

Games like pro evo have massive budgets and has been developed over several years (Pro Evo '3' to date plus all the ISS games that preceded that!)

Bearing in mind the trash that EA have dished out in terms of Rugby games, WCR is a vast improvement.

Whilst JLR was good..... it was limited, with quite a few bugs and is several years old now. But it was the gameplay that made it successful. Swordfish have recognised this and concentrated their efforts on the gameplay element.

Also dont forget they had 4-5 years of development to catch up on. Rome wasnt built in a day and all that!!!

I also suspect that funding was not as great as the EA Rugby ***le and no where near any of the soccer games .........so with the limited budget they had I think they have done an excellent job.

With all the ideas and feedback they are getting on here they will be able to grace us with a game that has us licking our lips, soothing our bleeding thumbs and taunting our beaten opposition.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother+Jul 16 2004, 05:46 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (funksoulbrother @ Jul 16 2004, 05:46 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Badboy
@Jul 16 2004, 05:26 AM
yep - all im saying is that they shouldnt worry about making the best graphics of all time - they should spend all their time on making the game play spotless - like JLR [/b]
JRL was a good game and all, but it's so incredibly over-rated by so many people I can't believe it! With the amount of rugby games out at the moment if the next WCR game were to be JUST like JLR and have taken nothing else from other games (the Rugby 2004 scrums and line-outs were good ideas) would be idiotic and the game would be ****! I mean, no offence and all, but JLR isn't worth crap to me anymore! once you mastered the offload you could kill anyone! there was just no deapth... So get over it, stop romantisising "the good ol days" and suggest something BETTER even than your treasured JLR! Because believe me it can be done!

i think they gonna have to buy the licenses of that system back from codemasters....jlr is super add alittle depth and madden graphics=viola...the greatest game in the world
<
...oneday.....there is only hope....

Latest posts