• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Damon to play Pienaar

Hah, what a cock up from Variety. Still, you can let them off. This is going to be an incredibly novel movie for Hollywood.

Morgan Freeman is in it, right? He's brilliant, although I dunno about Damon as Pienaar.

Good to see they chose top actors for the job. I wonder how it's gonna look when they reconstruct a rugby match.
Any info on a release date?

If Fox are making it, I wouldn't be supprised if they end up playing Gridiron instead.

If Fox are making it, I wouldn't be supprised if they end up playing Gridiron instead. [/b]

*The scene, a sweaty changing room as the Nebraska Springboks put on their padding and prepare for the most important match of their lives. Enter Nelson Mandela, sporting baseball cap, clipboard and whistle...*

<Nelson> *In gruff Brooklyn accent* Alright ladies, tonight we play those damn limeys, the All Blacks...Kerblowski!

<Pienaar> The names Pienaar Coach..

<Mandela> You'll have the name Kerblowski and ya'll better damn like it! You're gonna be our quarter back, if anyone can win the game, it'll be you...

<Os Du Randt> *being played by Martin Lawrence and dressed as a pimp with loads of hoes at his feet* But baws! Hows we gonna lick them dayum Brits?!

<Mandela> By fighting for every inch! Remember boys, if its 3rd down with the clock ticking, think about ya sweetheart back home!

*Meanwhile, the All Blacks plot their victory in their insidious lair...*

<Jonah Lomu> *here played by Alan Rickman with a thick English accent* Bring in these South Africans...

<Random South Africans> *in this case are actually stereotypical Irish/Scottish* Ye may be the All Blacks but'ye'll never stop the craic to be sure!

*Random Riverdance scene*

<Lomu> SILENCE! Zinzan...kill the women and children...*licks his lips in a camp British homo-erotic way* and bring me the men.....

-----

You get the idea...?

Latest posts