• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matt Giteau interview about French experience

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
this just came through the RCT blog, and because I care about you sorry assholes and keeping this place alive, I've translated (google tr with personal corrections) most of it as I thought it was interesting for the forum:

"I discovered new cultures. Our team welcomes Georgians, South Africans, French of course but also British, Italians. We have no such mixtures in Australia. The Mayol stadium is also a real discovery for me. And my two children were born in France, so the experience is complete. "

"This is a beautiful country. I could stay here at the end of my career, but my wife would kill me! Her family in Australia misses her ".

The money, he said, has never been an argument in its arrival in Europe. "I earned more money in Australia. I did not come to France for the money, but to experience a new lifestyle, a new culture, and especially renew my rugby. "

When asked about the personality of his manager, Bernard Laporte, he compared to "a Teddy Bear" before conceding:
"He cries, he yells, but it's for the good of the team and you have to keep in mind. And besides it works, even if it may seem strange."
This kind of colorful character, Giteau says he's never met any before in Australia. "Thank God, there is only one Bernard Laporte. Two would be too much (laughs). One is enough."

On "foreign players" in the XV of France, his view is fairly straightforward. "Playing an international rugby match is a dream. If you have the opportunity to play for Uganda or Namibia and represent honestly these countries, why not? As long as you do it with respect and honor."
While he admits to not having drawn a cross on the (Aus) national team, he seems resigned about his participation in the World 2015. "You have to play there to be selected. I won't play the World Cup but leaving Australia, I knew what I was exposing myself to."

And yet, he wouldn't look ridiculous even facing the world's best...

Source: http://www.blog-rct.com/matt-giteau...n-australie-je-ne-suis-pas-venu-pour-largent/

Latest posts