• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matthew Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

getofmeland

So what do we all think about Jacko's Nomination for Matthew Burke, although the article is taken directly from the Wikipedia

The Original article can be found here

The Discussion can be found here

No.

Has achieved a fair amount, but is hardly one of the first names that spring to mind when people think of the great full-backs.

Doesn't come close to the likes of JPR Williams, Serge Blanco and Christian Cullen in my mind.

A very solid player, but not spectacular.

Have to agree with that assessment Webby, very good player but there's plenty of very good players who wouldn't make it into any Hall of Fame, correct me if I'm wrong as well but there doens't seem to be any real stand out moment or fantastic aura or leadership qualities.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 24 2006, 08:02 PM
correct me if I'm wrong as well but there doens't seem to be any real stand out moment or fantastic aura or leadership qualities.
Nope, can't think of anything.

Just a very good rugby player, but not a star of the game.

Webby and Tarbh summed it up preety nicely.

He never was best in the world, or one of the best in his position, for a lot of his career he wasn't even the undisputed Number One in Australia. If It wasn't for his Goal Kicking I don't think he would've last as long as he did in the Wallaby jersey.

No way not on my watch much better players deserve a place than him

Well, as much as it pains me to say it about one of the blokes who were so god at taunting New Zealanders, Matt Burke should NOT be in the Hall of Fame... Simple as that. Good, but not that good.

a month and a half later . . . no.

solid player though. just not a ledgend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts