Mauro Bergamasco joins Aironi

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
With immediate effect.

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/11733.php

Mauro Bergamasco will officially be introduced to the media on Monday in a press conference at Stadio Zaffanella. He will be added to the Heineken Cup list in place of the injured Nick Williams and can make his debut with the black and silver jersey in Monza against Ulster on Saturday December 17th or a week later, on Friday 23rd when Aironi will host Treviso in the first Italian derby in round 11 of the RaboDirect PRO12.

"After eight years in France I have come back to Italy to bring my experience and my will to continue to play at the highest level with the Aironi squad", Mauro Bergamasco said.

"I'm really excited for the opportunity to play in what is a really new competition for me as the RaboDirect PRO12 is, and the opportunity to do this with an Italian team that is young and ambitious, where I find a lot of team-mates with the Azzurri and a number of young talents who can represent the future of Aironi and Italy both during the next seasons. I never hide my will to continue to play in a big European championship, and to do it with an Italian team represents to my eyes a new great motivation".

Aironi president Silvano Melegari says: "We are really happy and proud to bring into Viadana an athlete and a man as Mauro Bergamasco is. He is one of the faces of the Italian rugby around the world and will give the team all his experience as an International and his extraordinary fierceness. We have a long way to go to the end of the season and Mauro is fundamental to advancing our growing process".

good for Italian rugby i suppose bad for ulster though

Great signing for them. They're close to having all their players playing in Italy now, (Only Mirco Bergermasco, Castro and Parrise absent, really- their three star players) which would be a great thing for Italian rugby.

Indeed, there were some rumors earlier that he would join Aironi. But he does need to work on his game, wasn't that impressed when I saw him play last week for the Barbarians.

Great signing for them. They're close to having all their players playing in Italy now, (Only Mirco Bergermasco, Castro and Parrise absent, really- their three star players) which would be a great thing for Italian rugby.

It's happened much quicker than I thought it would. It's great for Italian rugby, and the Pro12, because Treviso are already a good team and Aeroni are getting there quick. I'm not sure we'll see Castro or Parisse play in Italy tbh, as Leicester will want to keep Castro till the end I expect, and Parisse will always be wanted by the big spenders in France.

I do think Mirco might be off next season. RM has plenty of other to cover his position.

I believe Parisse and Castro will not revert to an Italian club within the next 4-5 years, whilst Mirco and Canale are likely to be back pretty soon

Mauro will not be a significant added value for Aironi this year, as he is on a decline and the team is actually absolutely crap

Latest posts