• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• What's a PM?

• Total voters
Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Oct 19 2005, 07:57 PM
I think that whenever a mod closes a thread he should go through and send a PM to everybody that posted in or view that thread and explain to them why it was closed.

*cough*
Yeah, or explain at the end.

....Unless it's something like "OMG will ther be jumpin in rugby 2008? #234"

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 19 2005, 08:00 PM
....I'll see if that can be made standard as well..........
Oh my god you guys are so whipped....
<

Anyway, In conclusion, I think you guys are very fair, especially compared to many other forums...

...Just one question, what happens when some idiot comes by while theres no moderators on and starts making many topics abouthow many peoples mothers he has had sexual intercourse with, and between that time and when a mod comes on, numerous members end up posting in those topics, telling him where to stick it, the mod/admin deletes those topics, does the mod/admin have to send a pm to the members telling them that some of their posts had been deleted? (phew) Because there are times when it is a waste of.....time.

ie. most of the time.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 19 2005, 08:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 19 2005, 08:07 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 19 2005, 08:00 PM
....I'll see if that can be made standard as well..........
Oh my god you guys are so whipped....
<

Anyway, In conclusion, I think you guys are very fair, especially compared to many other forums...

...Just one question, what happens when some idiot comes by while theres no moderators on and starts making many topics abouthow many peoples mothers he has had sexual intercourse with, and between that time and when a mod comes on, numerous members end up posting in those topics, telling him where to stick it, the mod/admin deletes those topics, does the mod/admin have to send a pm to the members telling them that some of their posts had been deleted? (phew) Because there are times when it is a waste of.....time.

ie. most of the time. [/b]
Happened a little while ago actually, some racist/Nazi/Hitler loving tossers started posting crap all over the place - went through and deleted all their threads they started, and individually removed other posts from other "normal" threads..........then we banned them for good..........

luckily the three user names used by the idiots made most of there collective 80 or so posts in the threads they started - so deletion wasn't such a chore.

I send PM's if I deem it appropriate. It does mean people know what has happened and why with an explanation.

I closed the game thread because it appeared to have finished. Apologies for any inconvenience caused to Pink Volkswagon owners.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 19 2005, 08:26 PM
I closed the game thread because it appeared to have finished. Apologies for any inconvenience caused to Pink Volkswagon owners.
Ah. I guess I forgot to make it clear that it's a game discussion thread as well.

... Saves me making another one...

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 19 2005, 09:26 AM
You should have left it longer.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 20 2005, 04:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 20 2005, 04:22 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Oct 19 2005, 09:26 AM
You should have left it longer. [/b]
It is open.