• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mite needs a new TV

Am i reading that correctly?

Quarter of a million pounds?!

Ouch. What's so special about it?

f***ing hell that's one expensive TV! Look at the lifetime though, it's next to nothing!

i just got a 42" plazma for 1k i thought that was decent buy. i wouldnt bother getting something that big, yet.

The question that I would have to ask is that, even if you did manage to somehow afford and buy that TV, do you have a big enough lounge to sit in a watch it? For plasma and LCD TV's, there are required distances from the TV that you have to sit at to be able to see the picture properly - for something like a 30in TV, it's about 3 and a half metres, for a 42in TV it's about 4 and a half (which is a hell of a long way if you actually think about it, that is a big room) - so imagine how far away you have be to actually watch this!!! :p

Footnote:

Obviously I realise this TV isn't designed as a normal TV, just writting in the spirit of the thread...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Jun 28 2007, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i just got a 42" plazma for 1k i thought that was decent buy. i wouldnt bother getting something that big, yet.[/b]
Wow that was a great buy back then! I am getting one for either (NZ dollars) $1248 or $1399. Real cheapies they are even if they are Panasonic and Samsung. I am only buying it to out into my gf lounge so I can play games online when I am over there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 27 2007, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
102" (as in two and a half metres) HD ready Flat Screen.

Booyah.[/b]

This?????????????

old%20TV.jpg

That picture is large...
And painful on the eyes. :mellow:
Seriously, who needs a tv that big? My mom's got a 42' one and that's friggin' over-the-top!

OK in the end today I bought a 42 inch LCD Daewoo (yes you read correctly) for $1100 NZ. I know the Daewoo is like WTF lol but it is just going into my partners lounge for them and her three teenage daughters don't know a Daewoo from a Bravia so yeah.

Besides after 6 hours of deliberations in 5 different stores and looking at them all with the naked eye the superior specs of some of the other budget models did not seem to shine through at all.

When I was in Dubai I saw the worlds largest LCD TV (103") and it was considerably cheaper than this thing, only about 300 000 Dirhams which is a heck of a lot less than a quarter of a million pounds.

it was absolutely magical watching them show some PS3 game videos on the thing though, Dead Space looked like the best thing I had ever seen on that screen.

Just discovered the split screen option for the TV...now my lady watches her programme on the left while I play Fifa on the right....we BOTH happy haha!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 19 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just discovered the split screen option for the TV...now my lady watches her programme on the left while I play Fifa on the right....we BOTH happy haha![/b]

I think you have just convinced me to buy one... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jan 19 2009, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 19 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just discovered the split screen option for the TV...now my lady watches her programme on the left while I play Fifa on the right....we BOTH happy haha![/b]

I think you have just convinced me to buy one... :D

[/b][/quote]
Yeah this TV really surprises me....I mean for $1100 in NZ it is fairly cheap for a 42" LCD...though it is a Daewoo....and it was the shop model so it had no remote (had to use a universal)...no booklet with the TV. Anyway with a universal remote I am by fluke discovering what buttons do what for the TV. Pushed the red button and the screen split but the picture was not symmetrically correct...pressed it again and the picture was rearranged so that both sides were resized to 4:3 which was great as the TV programme on her side was 4:3 to start with. The Ps3 on my side was also now being seen in 4:3 even though my football game is a widescreen game....and it was tempting to reset it so that it would show widescreen but in a smaller version (bars)....but it was ok.

Anyway the sound only comes out from the TV programme my lady is watching....no sound from my side of the TV...it only has sound from the TV programmes....my side shows the Component, PC and HDMI but no sound...which is all good...I can play Fifa without sound. Besides obviously my lady needs to have sound to watch her programmes.

Funny thing is...she can change channels and volume etc for the programme she is watching and it does not affect my side of the TV at all while I am hard out concentrating on Fifa online.

I also found the button that can change which side of the TV we want.

Today I might go online to see what features the Daewoo remote has so I can see the true capability of this TV.....had to go online just to figure out how to use the universal remote earlier.

Anyway I can also browse the internet on my side of the TV using my Ps3 and all those other Ps3 things as I have a mouse and keyboard in the Ps3...but I am gonna get a CORDLESS mouse and keyboard so I can browse from further away lying on the couch lol!.

I am going to have a look sometime today to see exactly how the PC plugs into the TV....

Latest posts