• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mmm More Hotdogs

B

BigTen

I was reading www.planetrugby.com and saw this article:

Club fans get more hot dog time
Tuesday July 18 2006
Fifteen-minute break for Premiership
Guinness Premiership matches are destined to last at least five minutes more next season, after the clubs and officials all agreed to extend the half-time break.

The move is apparently designed to give the larger crowds more time for refreshment - at the same time allowing the clubs to cash in on their growing popularity and swelling attendances.

Fifteen minutes is now the allotted time for the half-time break.

It is a far cry from the matches of fifteen years ago when all the players were allowed was two minutes and a slice of orange!

Source: http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Gu...ory_52497.shtml

More hotdogs - yeah, right!?

Surely this is so that they can show more adverts during the break and therefore more money.

Fifteen minutes is way to long - the players will lose concentration and drift off.

Let alone cool down... now we'll see all players on the exercycles during halftime!

If you've ever tried to ge a beer at half time at a GP match, you'd understand why this is a good idea.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 18 2006, 07:56 PM
If you've ever tried to ge a beer at half time at a GP match, you'd understand why this is a good idea.
Word!

It's impossible to get a beer at Subi and not miss the start of the second half.

I wish they'd do the same down here.

I am all for the 15 minute break, gives longer time for tactical chat and all that... plus longer for me to get a beer and stay out the rain is always an advantage...

Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if they did it in the Celtic League. The utter fannies at Murrayfield take about 3 attempts to actually give you what you asked for, and then your ripped off. 2.80 for a burger?? Pfff!

Originally posted by BigTen@Jul 20 2006, 07:48 AM
Maybe they should just improve the stadiums and the catering facilities?
And what exactly is the stadiums?

Also, it doesn't matter how many people you have working the bars if 3,000,people are all trying to buy beer at the same time; it's gonna take a while.

If you've ever tried to ge a beer at half time at a GP match, you'd understand why this is a good idea. [/b]

I hear ya, its even worse for me now because I send my parents down to the Rodber for drinks at half time, now I am old enough now I'l be the donkey :(

I thought it was already 15 minutes as it is?

Latest posts