• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mock the Week

S

St Helens RLFC

Mock the Week (BBC2,Thursday's, 10pm) is funnier now than Have I Got News For You ever has been.

Discuss.

******** is it.

Have I Got News for You > Any other news based comedy quiz.

Ian Hislop > You

Both > Any other programmes.

Although you can tell Mock the Week was created by the same bloke as "Who's like is it anyway?", and does have the same disposable feel to it in comparison.

It's a great show, good ideas for rounds and the guests are usually of a very high standard. It is the perfect end to Thursday night comedy on BBC2 - extras, followed by 'that mitchell and webb look' (which has a few poor patches but also moments of sheer comedy brilliance - green clarinet sketch anyone?) and then Mock the Week.

I assume you don't read Private Eye either then? [/b]

Can't say I've ever read it mate.

(green clarinet sketch anyone?)[/b]

Do you secretly harbour racist views

racist views

racist views

racist views

do you secretly harbour racist views

do you not think Asians drive well?

I think it's great mainly cause of the stand up and improv bits. I don't think that it should be compared to Have I Got News For You because they're very different. HIGNTFY (cannit be arse writing it out, even though by the time I've typed this I might aswell have) is more 'clever' and topical, where as MtW is more stand up and plain silliness. Dara O' Brien and Frankie Boyle are just pure class though.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Well considering it's edited by Ian Hislop you probably wouldn't like it.

Perfect medium for taking the **** out of Tony Blair (among other things) every issue though. :D

Dara O' Brien> Any other comedy show presenter. You guys don't see The Panel, it's much better than all of that stuff.

<div class='quotemain'>

(green clarinet sketch anyone?)[/b]

Do you secretly harbour racist views

racist views

racist views

racist views

do you secretly harbour racist views

do you not think Asians drive well?
[/b][/quote]

:D For anyone that missed out... green clarinet sketch

+REP!

The linkage also provides the path to the surprising adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

+REP!

The linkage also provides the path to the surprising adventures of Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
[/b]

A search for "mitchell and webb" on Youtube is always worth a go... just enjoyed a few episodes of numberwang! Saw an advert for the new series of 8 out of 10 cats last night so the whole TV comedy scene is looking up.

Back on topic, I would definitely agree that Dara is an excellent host, and I think the 'regulars' are all well chosen - it's good to get some exposure to quality comedians who are not necessarily well known.

Agreed - Andy Parsons is brilliant. He commands the stage, just the way he walks makes me burst into laughter!

Can't say as I have seen it.

What is the general attraction about it that makes it awsome then?

The last show I used to watch that fused comedy and a quiz together was never mind the buzzcocks...

And shooting stars, that was awsome...

Latest posts