• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Moin moin

Lenschen

Academy Player
Country Flag
Germany
Alright, where to start?

My name is Lena, I`ve studied English and Politics and am currently doing Teacher Training at a school in Ravensburg, which is near Lake Constance. I`ve been playing rugby since 2005, started in Dublin, continued in Freiburg (we won 3rd place at the varsity cup in 2007, a small miracle, as we were crap) and am currently practising with the Ravensburg Team. Since I`m the only female in the club and have a knee injury (ruptured my anterior crucial ligament for the 2nd time), I don`t get to play much at the moment.

As a teacher I have these really, really long holidays. I`m looking for a way to spend about 3 weeks in England, Scotland or Wales during late-july-mid-august, practise some rugby and not spend too much money. I would be more than willing to work for bed, board and pocket money. I was thinking of a pub or hotel job (cleaning, cooking, reception, I`ve waitressed last summer...), or I could translate stuff.

What`s the best place to find something like that? And is it a realistic idea?

Cheers

Lena

Thank you. I know couchsurfing, am a member of hospitalityclub.org and another thingie like it, but that's not really what I`m looking for.

Welcome to the site, Lena. I don't recall seeing another German on here before. Everyone in my family originates from Karlsruhe, but I have yet to ever visit the country. I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you based on your questions, but good luck in your search.

Latest posts