Prestwick

Airhornsman
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Saracens
Verrry short Daily Yomiuri article:

Reports from New Zealand on Sunday suggest two more All Blacks are set to play in the Top League following this year's Rugby World Cup.

The New Zealand Herald reported that fullback Mils Muliaina has turned down a number of offers from European clubs and is set to sign for a Japanese club.

Lock Brad Thorn has also reportedly turned down an offer from a French club and has been offered a long-term contract in Japan.

Japanese teams only announce signings once all the paperwork has been completed.
I think if these "reports" are true then we can all guess who the "French Club" was *COUGH*Toulon*HACK*

Reports from New Zealand on Sunday suggest two more All Blacks are set to play in the Top League following this year's Rugby World Cup.

The New Zealand Herald reported that fullback Mils Muliaina has turned down a number of offers from European clubs and is set to sign for a Japanese club.
Lock Brad Thorn has also reportedly turned down an offer from a French club and has been offered a long-term contract in Japan.

How long term are we talking here? Do these guys not realize he is pushing 200 years old or something ridiculous..

How long term are we talking here? Do these guys not realize he is pushing 200 years old or something ridiculous..

In fairness, he is going to be playing in Japan. He could continue playing there till he is 40.

I think Webb Ellis is still playing in Japan 150 years after he died or whatever.

In fairness, he is going to be playing in Japan. He could continue playing there till he is 40.

The way that guy plays though.. i would be surprised if he had any cartilage left in any of his joints now. If he plays til 40 he will be in a wheel chair at 41.

Pity Thorn is moving as well, but he did soo much for the AB's.
Mils isn't really in his best shape yet, hopefully he will show what he can once he's back from injury.

UI honestly don't mind if these players leave. They have done their service to New Zealand and we have the quality of players ready to come through and replace them.

Good to see Mils off. He's a quality player, but I haven't been too impressed with him over the last year and a half, and it'll be good to see other players play at fullback for the All Blacks with Ben Smith, Cory Jane, Isaia Toeava, Israel Dagg and Tim Nanai-Williams all being quality replacements.

Last edited:
Good to see Mils off. He's a quality player, but I haven't been too impressed with him over the last year and a half, and it'll be good to see other players play at fullback for the All Blacks, with Ben Smith, Cory Jane, Isaia Toeava and Tim Nanai-Williams all being quality replacements.

Yep, better that it's Mils thats going rather than any of those others you've listed

No surprise to see Mils going to Japan. He's been in my opinion the most consistent fullback in world rugby over the last 5 years, but with the large number of quality fullbacks coming through in NZ his time as an AB's starter was clearly coming to an end. I'd imagine he will be the AB's fullback during the RWC, so hopefully he will be able to end his AB's career on a high.

For some of these guys, particularly Muliaina and Thorn, it's also a case of leaving on your own terms, rather than waiting to be dropped.

True, I think that post RWC they might have one or two good seasons before they start taking it easy

Latest posts