• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More Aucklanders needed

<div class='quotemain'>
Mauger has the experience, which is key to this All Black backline, Ice and McAlister are aweseom players, but when the crap hit's the fan, you need someone like Mauger to settle it ... he's generally a good decision maker.
[/b]

Like he did in Durban and Melbourne?
Thank goodness he was benched in Durban.
[/b][/quote]

Keyword was 'generally', 2 mistakes out of 40 odd tests, isn't too bad.

You're only as good as your last few tests. And it wasn't only 2 mistakes. He made a lot more. Just because one player has experience, doesn't mean he should keep out a player who is in hot form.

Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the world cup squad.
Can't believe they picked <strike>Mauger</strike> MacAlister. He is rubbish. <strike>Carter</strike> Toeava is pretty inconsistent.
For me - I'd have <strike>MacAlister</strike> Charlie Hore at first five, <strike>Ice</strike> Cullum Bruce at second five, <strike>Mils</strike> Matt Saunders at centre and <strike>Howlett</strike> Glen Horton at fullbac.
Can't believe that twat <strike>Ellis</strike> Mealamu made it either, or <strike>Thorne</strike> Williams.
These guys need to be shot - along with <strike>Wayne Smith </strike>Graham Henry ( <strike>Cantabrians</strike> Aucklanders) [/b]

I fixed up your quote for you ;)

Save it !!! the last thing we need is more Jafas in the team !!! [/b]

and who would you prefer...more from Otago??? ppffttt

Mark my words, the ABs will be dominated by Aucklanders again from next year after the departures of Jack, Gear, Oliver, McAlister, Tuitupou, Rawlinson, Dermody, Holah, Kelleher, Hayman & possibly the retirement of Thorne.

Dont be surprised to see Kaino, Braid, Nick Williams, Flavell, & David Smith in Black next year. :p

<div class='quotemain'> These guys need to be shot - along with <strike>Wayne Smith</strike> Graham Henry ( <strike>Cantabrians</strike> Aucklanders) [/b]

I fixed up your quote for you ;)
[/b][/quote]

Henrys a Cantab also! I agree with the latter though.

@Juggernaut: I'd love to see Braid back in black, has a high work rate. Hes somewhat underdone by his height although, however that didn't halt Backs' career!

<div class='quotemain'> Save it !!! the last thing we need is more Jafas in the team !!! [/b]

Mark my words, the ABs will be dominated by Aucklanders again from next year after the departures of Jack, Gear, Oliver, McAlister, Tuitupou, Rawlinson, Dermody, Holah, Kelleher, Hayman & possibly the retirement of Thorne.

Dont be surprised to see Kaino, Braid, Nick Williams, Flavell, & David Smith in Black next year. :p

[/b][/quote]

I don't think we'll see Nick Williams in the ABs as there are other players infront of him and around the same age for the same position for example Lauaki, Messam, Kaino and other older players like Masoe, Bates etc..

<div class='quotemain'> Save it !!! the last thing we need is more Jafas in the team !!! [/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oh ****, we're f!@##$d then

the blues dont have mcalister anymore i will still highly doubt the blues going further than they have done this year unless rokocoko really steps up and at least compete for top try scorer otherwise with only howlett and evans and toeava as our star backs i dont think wer gona move up much from fourth

Lavea is balls, no doubt Evans will keep Auckland up there next season, plus theres still hope for Flavell to make the RWC hopefully Thorne gets injured in practice... haha joking... but seriously though