• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More South Africa Trouble

H

HarryPeters

I just heard on the news that the Springboks might have to have atleast 10 black people in their starting XV, leaving it even less on skill that it already is.

Whats your take on this?

It's a touchy subject because race is involved. I believe if players are good enough, their ethnicity or religious beliefs shouldn't factor into the equation. Ideally South Africa should be allowed pick the best team regardless of colour. However South Africa is a unique situation due to apartheid. Thrusting inferior players en masse into the line up could set the game back in that country rather than improve it. Any politically motivated change should be gradual. Thus, if South Africa do employ the quota system as seems to be the case, the obvious immediate solution is to bring in quota replacements for departing internationals such as John Smit, Os Du Randt, Percy Montgomery, Victor Matfield and Butch James rather than tear apart the World Cup winning side in a type of reverse discrimination.

I just heard on the news that the Springboks might have to have atleast 10 black people in their starting XV, leaving it even less on skill that it already is.

Whats your take on this?
[/b]

Less on skill that already exists, what exactly are you implying? Go and talk fishin tackle on a fishing forum, this is a rugby forum.

It's hilarious how this always seems to be a subject brought up by everyone but Saffa's, there's millions of topics about this issue, if you really want to find out how people feel go and look around on the forum for some opinions.

This topic has been done to death like a donkey paying for top class S&M services at an abortoir. Everyone has a view on this and thankfully, you'll be glad to know that they are spread across at least ten articles archived on this very forum!

I think people should be posting topics discussing how the SARFU and the South African government can boost funding for rugby & cricket to deprived areas and what bodies like the SARFU can do to capture the imagination of the South African public (other than winning a world cup of course ;) ).

Latest posts