• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mourinho's 21 Players

W

woodie

Today Jose Mourinho has said that he wants 21 outfield players. Assuming Petr Cech and Cudicini will be the goalies, who will these 21 be?...

Likely To Leave

Neil Sullivan
Winston Bogarde
Celestine Babayaro
Mario Melchiot
Marcel Desailly
Claude Makelele
Mario Stanic
Juan Sebastian Veron
Emmanuel Petit
Alexei Smertin
Jesper Gronkjaer
Boudjeuwin Zenden
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

TOTAL = 12

[Possible Loan / Reserve Team
Alexis Nicolas
Filipe Oliveira
Robert Huth
Alexei Smertin
Mikael Forsell

TOTAL = 5

Staying

Glen Johnson
William Gallas
Wayne Bridge
John Terry

Frank Lampard
Joe Cole
Damien Duff
Geremi
Scott Parker

Adrian Mutu
Hernan Crespo
Eidur Gudjohnsen

TOTAL = 12

Coming (Likely/Possibles)

Paulo Ferreira
Roberto Carlos
Jorge Andrade
Costinha
Joaquin
Arjen Robben (Already Signed)
David Trezequet
Fernando Morientes

TOTAL = 7

TOTAL Staying + Coming = 19 !?

COuld be a strange ass looking team next season. The Mail reckon a 4-3-2-1 is likely with the following players:

Cech

Ferreira
Terry
Andrade
Bridge

Costinha
Lampard
Robben

Morientes
Joaquin

Trezequet

Slightly worrying. The main worry is that players such as Scott Parker, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Wayne Bridge may all almost be forgotten amidst the young Europeans.
Who knows? It will definately be an interesting summer.

Be a very interesting summer at Chelsea. Jose will see them alright though, don't worry about that.

I have heard down the grapevine that he's not a Gallas fan at all though.

To be honest Gallas isn't going to be missed too much. He is the fastest player Chelsea have, and a solid defender but he is a complete muppet with the ball and he shouldn't be allowed into the opponent's box. Should just have JT on his own in the box for corners, goal every time.

Chelsea's players are in for a hard pre season.

Jose is going to flog them to whip them into shape.

Yup. First pre season training day is the day after Euro 2004 ends. that will be fun for everyone. I suspect he will pick the side purely based on what he sees at the trials as well, not past form.

Paulo Ferreira has confiremed he is coming to Chelsea for £13 million and Mario Muppet Melchiot has confirmed that he is going. Two good bits of news.

At least Mourinho is going to have a major say in new signings unlike Claudio so that's something at least.

yup. Mourinho ain't going to take any bullshit from Abramovich. He'll probably get sacked if he doesnt' want some of Abramovich's players which he has seen on TV and thought, 'mmm he's good, i want him'.

In that case, I hope Jose gets sacked this week.

You can have Benitez.
<