Mouth guard

Amobokoboko

Waikato Junglist
Country Flag
Belgium
Club or Nation
Chiefs
Hey guys,

Can you use boxing mouth guard as well to play rugby?
I went to the sport shop but they only had crappy mouth guards, may order a decent one online.

Cheers.

a boxing one would be fine
best ones are from a dentist i think though get them specialy made

Best mouthguard i've ever used is the Opro Gold, it's quality. Cost me about a tenner, and i love it. Fits better than any other i've used (especially shock doctor! I've had two different models of theres, both were poo imo) and comfortable too.
Considering getting a custom one done by them, but i'm more than happy with my current one, so probably won't.

Is there a big difference between the gold and the platinum? Might pick one up in a couple of days.

Not sure if there is much difference, though if it's in the shop/you've got the money it can't hurt to get the platinum (they only had the gold when i got mine)

Ah ok, save.
So these guards protect your upper teeth.
How do you protect your lower teeth? Sorry for the question but when I played rugby we didn't tackle that hard so played without.

Your lower teeth dont really need as much protection as upper,
A big part of the protection is if you get hit from underneath your jaw, smashing your mouth closed, so they're protected by top bit as well, as they're cushioned. The gum shield sticks out a little as well so if you were going to get hit in the mouth it'd hit that before your lower teeth as well

Latest posts