• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mouthgaurd

G

glop

Hi, guys. It's hard to find good mouthguard in Lithuania. Can someone recommend some internet shops, which ships them to my country ??? And what mouthguards are the best ? I saw gilbert razor or smth like this how is it ? ? btw 17 year old, what size do I need ?

Get one of the Airguard ones, I think Adidas and you should be able to find a company that send them out.

Either get an adult sized Shock Doctor, or get one especially done for you at a dentist.

Hi mate,

I would not recommend getting any of the mould-in-the-mouth brands. I am a dental professional, and i make mouthguards, and it's much better to have a custom made guard, because then you can choose your thickness and make it totally to how your mouth is. Go to a dentist and ask them how much it will cost. All that happens is you have an impression taken of your mouth. You can choose colour/design etc. I actually make them for a living, pity i can't do many more than i get because i could make some awesome designs like flags or with your name in it etc.

Did you not see Lithuania.... It might be a bit hard to find a dentist who does that stuff over there.

Only dentist made one I had was really annoying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Mar 27 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did you not see Lithuania.... It might be a bit hard to find a dentist who does that stuff over there.

Only dentist made one I had was really annoying.[/b]

Yep... I didin't heard a thing like this. Custom mouthguard at the dentist... :D

Fa'atau82, how much does it costs in your odontology office ??? It's very interesting... But I think where is no such odontology center, which makes mouthguards. I had few from shops(nike), but they totally sucks. Season in Lithuania stars in about month, so I need it very much, because I get often beats in my jaw... :(

Best bet would be is, if you can't get a good quality mouthguard in, go with one of the dodgy Nike ones, better them than nothing.

I got one from the dentists for around $80. A rip off especially when I got one during my braces treatment and my mouth changed so much a year later I had to get a new one.

Yeah, the dentist can rip you off. They do prey on you. However, i am not a dentist :p

You should be able to find a dentist in Lithuania that does mouthguards, surely.. you need them for any major contact sport such as Boxing and Ice Hockey.. sometimes even basketball, and i'm sure you play these sports in Lithuania. I can appreciate it is hard.

You don't have to go to a dentist.. you can (it's illegal here in UK) go straight to a dental technician (look for Dental Laboratory) and they will probably make you one, as they can take impressions too.. it's just the dentist really does not like us doing it because it makes them less rich.

Ask at your local rugby club, and see what the player do for guards there.

I have a shock doctor but to be honest I never wear it. I wore it last week when I was playing at Flanker and that was the first time in ages.

I've had mouthguards made at the dentist before but that wasn't for Rugby, I used to have a horrendous grinding problem when I slept. I'm past all that now though...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I used to have a horrendous grinding problem when I slept. I'm past all that now though...[/b]

Is that cos you now have no teeth? lol

Fa'atau you then have to consider if he has the money available for such a mouthguard.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Mar 27 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
I used to have a horrendous grinding problem when I slept. I'm past all that now though...[/b]

Is that cos you now have no teeth? lol
[/b][/quote]

That is correct :lol:

Naah, the stress that was causing it no longer affects me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Mar 28 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fa'atau you then have to consider if he has the money available for such a mouthguard.[/b]
What about considering the money it would take to ratify problems which would occur from NOT wearing a mouth guard. Expenses would be 10-100 times higher as well as the chance of these things occurring from not wearing a mouthguard being at the same rates.

But then again for some people its just a case of "if it happens, it happens".

Monetary issues aside, people who do not wear a mouth guard whilst playing rugby are f***ing idiots. That isn't just my opinion, that's fact.

If you play in the forwards and wear a mouth guard you are a f***ing pussy. Who needs front teeth?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 28 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If you play in the forwards and wear a mouth guard you are a f***ing pussy. Who needs front teeth?[/b]

Man who wants to get a job needs teeth, man who wants to meet nice girl needs fron teeth. MAN WHO WANTS SMILE ANYTIME NEEDS f***ING FRON TEETH.

Stick to the backs. In my experience birds love a guy with no front teeth( well they do in Gloucester )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (glop @ Mar 28 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 28 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you play in the forwards and wear a mouth guard you are a f***ing pussy. Who needs front teeth?[/b]

Man who wants to get a job needs teeth, man who wants to meet nice girl needs fron teeth. MAN WHO WANTS SMILE ANYTIME NEEDS f***ING FRON TEETH.
[/b][/quote]

Actually, you don't need front teeth for any of those things.

Realy ? damn... :( I think that there is dentists who do mouthguards in Lithuania, so thanks for da help :)

Latest posts