• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Movement Restrictions in Rugby Challenge

Canucks

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
I'm now convinced that Rugby Challenge is going to be a waste of money due to the movement restrictions.

Unfortunately, it's been very difficult to get any sort of facts as Sidhe is ignoring or deflecting any questions about what is occuring. I even posted on their forum asking for clarification. I also did a search and found numerous other posters asking the same questions and getting no concrete answers.

Movement restrictions on Rabo and Top14 teams, meaning players cannot be moved in or out of those leagues. This also means the players from those leagues cannot be moved onto National Teams. Oh well, just have to manually create a few players. I have the heard from a few posters stating that created players on certain european national sides get reset every team you turn off your xbox.

If that is true, this game is not worth buying in NH as outside Aviva and England, you are screwed for your national teams.

This is due to Patch 2.0 that comes already installed on all NH discs.

On a few occasions, Mario and Milla have been asked for clarification on this matter but have either deflected or ignored the questions.
As well, I have been looking for a few days and have had some difficulty locating posts that alluded to what I said above.

I hope I'm wrong about this. If you can clarify, please do.

As well, importing the game for NZ hoping you get a pre patch version costs roughly 72 pounds. Mods are not the best option as you can be banned for modio gamesaves and I would have a hard time finding an NTSC xbox in the UK(roster updates.)

I'm now convinced that Rugby Challenge is going to be a waste of money due to the movement restrictions.

Sorry to hear that.

Movement restrictions on Rabo and Top14 teams, meaning players cannot be moved in or out of those leagues.

You can move players in just fine AFAIK.

I have the heard from a few posters stating that created players on certain european national sides get reset every team you turn off your xbox.

The game doesn't do that, at least not on purpose, and I haven't heard of anyone having such an issue.

On a few occasions, Mario and Milla have been asked for clarification on this matter but have either deflected or ignored the questions.

We ignore lots of questions. Sometimes because we don't know the answer, sometimes because we can't answer, sometimes because we don't have time.

As well, I have been looking for a few days and have had some difficulty locating posts that alluded to what I said above.

If you are trying to imply there is some sort of conspiracy or coverup, there isn't one. We don't delete posts unless they have personal attacks or spam in them or otherwise break our forum rules.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.

You can move players in just fine AFAIK.

The game doesn't do that, at least not on purpose, and I haven't heard of anyone having such an issue.

We ignore lots of questions. Sometimes because we don't know the answer, sometimes because we can't answer, sometimes because we don't have time.

If you are trying to imply there is some sort of conspiracy or coverup, there isn't one. We don't delete posts unless they have personal attacks or spam in them or otherwise break our forum rules.

Thank you for replying to me. I was feeling a little bit slighted and was not getting any answers. As you can understand if we could not customise any european national team rosters, then the value of this game would plummit and people like myself would have difficulty justifying full price for it. You seem to have clarified that for me.

So as far as you know, the only restrictions are moving players out of Rabo and Top14. Rosters changes not taking effect is a separate issue, not something that was purposely put into the game. I have spoken with 2 people who have had it but it now seems that they also used to modio gamesave way of updating rosters, as well I have seen other people report it as well. However, as stated before, that seems to be a separate issue.

I apologise if it seemed like I was accusing you a conspiracy. I took off my tinfoil hat because it was itchy but honestly, that wasn't my intention. Actually, I said that so there'd be an understanding as to why I have no links to it as its a very active forum over there.

I can understand why there have been no answers to the questions asked as you said you guys are very busy and may not have an answer. I just want to state that nowhere is there any elaboration on what can and can't be done with the patch/roster updates and that there are quite a few people like myself hearing different things and not having any official response to refer to.

I appreciate the time you've taken to reply to my post. I will be buying this game on launch now as I need a little project to do and editing players seems to be a good way to go.

This is very disapointing, although I understand that it was probably out of their control. Anyway...what are the ways around it(if any) in terms of having 'real' players on the national teams...is renaming and editing all the players the only option?

What about project novo? is that pretty much useless to NH gamers?

Ill still be gettting the game straight after college on Friday..

What if I wanted to take James hook out of perpenagn (French team) and put him back with the ospreys? Could I do that? Also with national teams if I wanted to select players to be in the team and they were in either Rabo or French league would I have a problem?

What if I wanted to take James hook out of perpenagn (French team) and put him back with the ospreys? Could I do that? Also with national teams if I wanted to select players to be in the team and they were in either Rabo or French league would I have a problem?

I'm still awaiting my GAME pre-order, hoping it will come tomorrow!! As far as i was aware, although i may be completely wrong, the rosters for the European teams is from last season so Hooky would already be in the Ospreys. What i want to know is can i move players from the Rabo to the French League and vice versa and will downloading a mod such as project nova a) work in terms of roster and getting past the patch rules and b) cause my game to crash every so often? If this is not an option is there any way i can get 'real' players from the rabo to the national teams without having to go through creating all of them? Thanks in advance

Anyway...what are the ways around it(if any) in terms of having 'real' players on the national teams...is renaming and editing all the players the only option?

We cannot help you with that.

All save files are compatible with all versions of the game, patched or not.

So if I wanted to sign SBW for Toulon could this happen?

If I however wanted to sign Brian O'Driscoll for Toulon I could not do this?

This is very disapointing, although I understand that it was probably out of their control. Anyway...what are the ways around it(if any) in terms of having 'real' players on the national teams...is renaming and editing all the players the only option?

Ill still be gettting the game straight after college on Friday..
Project novo is for ps3.
Go to the sidhe forums and look for currie update, they have pretty much updated all the national teams and stuff for you before the update and added a good few extra comps.

Also at the guy above me ^^
I think you are not able to sign sbw to toulon.
And you can sign brian o driscol to toulon.
Im pretty sure thats how it works now?

From what I gathered, you cannot move any players out of Rabo or Top14. You can add players to them though.
So BOD to Toulon can't happen but maybe Chris Ashton or SBW to Toulon is ok.

As well, there was a rumour about not being able to save changed rosters on european national teams but Mario denied this above.

I'd advise against modio gamesaves (roster updates) as they are gamesaves and could result in a ban. You are effectively using a gamesave (for whatever reason) and MS is pretty touchy with those.

Unfortunately, it's been very difficult to get any sort of facts as Sidhe is ignoring or deflecting any questions about what is occuring. I even posted on their forum asking for clarification. I also did a search and found numerous other posters asking the same questions and getting no concrete answers.

Movement restrictions on Rabo and Top14 teams, meaning players cannot be moved in or out of those leagues. This also means the players from those leagues cannot be moved onto National Teams. Oh well, just have to manually create a few players. I have the heard from a few posters stating that created players on certain european national sides get reset every team you turn off your xbox.

If that is true, this game is not worth buying in NH as outside Aviva and England, you are screwed for your national teams.

This is due to Patch 2.0 that comes already installed on all NH discs.

I hope I'm wrong about this. If you can clarify, please do.

As well, importing the game for NZ hoping you get a pre patch version costs roughly 72 pounds. Mods are not the best option as you can be banned for modio gamesaves and I would have a hard time finding an NTSC xbox in the UK(roster updates.)

is this on xbox only? coz on ps3 i'm able to move players from top14 into international sides just fine

is this on xbox only? coz on ps3 i'm able to move players from top14 into international sides just fine

Is your version patched?
Originally the game didn't have the movement restriction. New patch that comes installed on all NH copies of the disc prevents any movement from Rabo and Top 14.

That version that doesn't have the patched already included will be worth a pretty penny someday.

Project novo is for ps3.
Go to the sidhe forums and look for currie update, they have pretty much updated all the national teams and stuff for you before the update and added a good few extra comps.

Will this work with the patched version though...and yes, I will be getting the game on PS3

That sucks. So you can't freely move players in those two leagues. I don't know why they'd do that, or why more so, why they'd ask Sidhe to enforce that.

Soo they wait for us to buy the game and then they put restrictions?. Lol WTF

The restrictions are an abysmal addition. If you want a game with accurate rosters, Rugby Challenge has taken me a month of looking at wikipedia and editing. And that's because every single European team is up to date for 2010/11, when I received the game a few months into the 2011/12 season... poor.

The editing time is increased because of this pathetic change which involves movement restrictions. I've had to create new Lee Byrnes and James Hooks (and countless others), simply because they can't move out of the Rabo12.

Nobody cares about lack of licensing, provided that a game is customisable enough to get around it. Look at how successful ProEvo used to be. But shitty little restrictions like this are so unnecessary. Rugby 08 doesn't have them, FIFA doesn't have them... so why rugby challenge??? What is the specific law behind this? Why do Lyon and Bordeaux not come under the same umbrella as all the other French sides on the game???

As a fan, I don't mind little glitches in the game, or some of the inaccuracies/ annoyances with the gameplay, because I'm pretty sure Sidhe have put their ******** into making the game as good as it can. But having done the hard work, why ruin it with **** like the movement restrictions, which literally 0% of fans will appreciate?

I wholeheartedly agree with gingergenius. I've been playing this game alot latley, updating the national teams is a pain. Despite it's flaws I really feel like they are moving union gaming in the right direction, unlike the other game that has moved in no direction at all. These little things are just bollock squeezing obstacles on the way to where they want to get to.

Latest posts