• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Movie thread!!!! I've sorted something out...

f***it. I can only use Linux at the moment. Stupid windows, yes I'm blaming my not being able to see it, on Microsoft.

Any chance of a .mov? How big are the videos?

The gaps look easy to get through, although that is easy, I'd assume they'd get tighter on higher difficulties.

Looks like a nice rucking system.

No ref visible?

Lineouts look good, and a similar system to Rugby 2004, which isn't that bad in that area of the game.

The plays look cool, and they have a "Pocket" set play which is good.

I hope you found the score-try button locksley?

No stupid cut scenes or delays between plays, and the cut scenes they do have are pretty cool.

Tackles look quite nice. Not repititive like WCR or R04, and there's something that makes me like them more than the SJRL ones.

Passing from the ruck looks pretty dodgey, I hope that's just because of learning the game, and not knowing how to do the set plays.

Edit
Originally posted by kaftka
How big are the videos?
Between 2-37MB

Originally posted by JJ-+Jan 27 2005, 04:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Jan 27 2005, 04:20 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
How big are the videos?
Between 2-37MB [/b]
<
Varies a bit then?

It all looks very good but the guy diving into the ruck on his side just like in 2004 sorta ****** me off. I mean that should be a penalty for not keeping his feet.

the game looks bloody awesome
<

I cannot wait for this to come out Locksley you have just made me cringe in agony
<

Originally posted by JJ-@Jan 27 2005, 04:20 PM
No ref visible?
Nah, maybe at infringements ?

On PC i think you will be able to turn them on, like you can in FIFA 2005 as they are not on by default (by turn on i don't mean in the game meu)

the aussies should of scored that try locksley but instead they kicked it
<

all in all though this looks awesome definately going to blow away all other rugby games and hopefully lead the series towards a bright future
<

Dam 28k modem!

Looks nice from what ive seen but as its been said it looks pretty dumb defence ( ive only seen big run).

Big ups for putting these vids online

Looks very very good, much better than anyother rugby game to date... But you can really tell they used the fifa engine can't you? The way the camera pans and the fact that the whistle is exactly the same as FIFA and thus has no variation in tone for different infringements like in real life Rugby... Hopefully thats something they will fix with relative ease though.
It all looked very promising, but the passing from the ruck and general pass targetting system probably does need some work... I'm hoping you can perhaps set your attacking line to "flat", "deep" etc during the match...

edit- just read the demo review and thus my comments about the passing obviously no longer apply.

i am foaming at the mouth like a big rotweiler with rabies

i cant post anything else

i am lost for words

i am seriously jelly at the knees regarding the 2005 news and previews from locksley etc..............when i saw those mobile phone pics, it was icing on the cake...........that lineout pic did confirm the visuals are immensly improved...........and the fact the sound and atmosphere of the gound sounds like the real deal, with anthems, chants and hakas

seriously man even if it was the same as 2004, the haka (even tho i am aussie), is the greatest phsyc up to a match anyone can get - the haka along with a decent crowd noise and stadium chants, and bill mclaren is the perfect mix to any sports game - let alone our own rugby!!!!

The games looks awesome !!
i loved the tackles the best !!
cant wait for the game.
just wondering tho, can u still do the short ball to a forward off the rucks and mauls like in r2004 cause was pretty good mixing it up??

that is the best rugby gsme evaaaaah.....can lockseley play with hard diffuculty or can ya only play with easy?

i'm just a little worried with the 37meg movie at around the 1:07 mark when the aussie player catches the high ball his team mates are all really bunch and stay this way for a while.

that looks really frustrating but pretty much everything else is looking pretty good.

can't wait to get my grubby little hands on it and have a fiddle
<

did i just say that?

Latest posts