• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Movie thread!!!! I've sorted something out...

Nice camea view, its like JLR, turns round when gets to 22 - i'm sure someone has mentioned that here before

I don't like that view personally. I'll probably stick to classic. It's also too far out to recognise the players, or that could be because of the quality of the video. I wonder what EA Rugby Extras could be?

that view is awesome, hopefully we get a wide range to choose from. classic should be good and brodcast aswell

Originally posted by Wally@Jan 27 2005, 09:11 PM
I don't like that view personally. I'll probably stick to classic. It's also too far out to recognise the players, or that could be because of the quality of the video. I wonder what EA Rugby Extras could be?
EA Extras are usually the credits of the makers and a few trailers of upcoming EA Games
This menu also enables you to place pre-game cheats (in certain games).
Although if it says EA RUGBY Extras i dont know
<

I can't remember if it said rugby actually. Now that I think about EA have that extras thing on most of their games.

Well,

I gotta say it.... i was impressed by the first 4 movies but when i saw that 37 meg video, the game looks a bit off.

I don`t know... i realise that the game is still in development and that alot of stuff will be fixed up but i`m getting the feelin already that we could be in for a game that looks great but a game that will also have many anoyannces.

* The alignment and spacing of the backs looks like a mess. I know that they will attempt to fix some of this up in the coming months but i get the feeling that in the final game I`m going to get ****** off very quickly if my backline does not get into position fast enough when quick ball is available or when I sprint off with an inside centre and I have no support.
- I hope I don`t have to wait long for my backline to align or for my loose forwards to arrive.
- Hopefully the ball won`t be recieved flat footed when you want to run the ball.

* I hope that the fowards standing off the ruck, ready to receive and set up a crash ball won`t get in the way of the fly half or vice versa.

* I`m worried that the on- the- fly play calling won`t give you enough options to run simple moves such as dummy cuts/switches.

* I`m worried that set plays and backline moves won`t be very effective in a multiplayer game situation.

* I`m scared that the rules may not be correct, like if someone kicks the ball dead there will be a mandatory 22 drop out instead of an option for a scrum.

* I`m concerned about Bugs: like penalty taps a few metres from the scoring line will lead to soft tries because the team on defense won`t stand on the try line but instead they would stand behind it trying to stay 10 metres back.

* I`m worried about the camera angle.... i know some people like to play side on, but I prefer to play top-down like madden. This way I can see the whole defensive team infront of me. I want to be able to see where the defenses' full back is, before punting the ball so I can punt and chip into gaps. I hope the camera swivvles for offense/defense.

* Remember HB is making this game. Their record is not the best. Rugby 2004 was the worst game i`ve ever played. Cricket 2002 and Cricket 2004 I liked but they had some terrible bugs like during a test match 2nd innings your custom selected team would switch back to a default team, commentry would be all over the place, game freezing,e tc.

* Don`t get your hopes up... this happened last time.... nobody last time thought they could miss and produce a poor game - but it happened.

* I specifically remember certain people from this forum last year having a playtest for Rugby 2004 and telling us that Rugby 2004 was quite good from the few hours that they played it and that it showed potential. I played that piece of crap for less than an hour and felt emabarrassed for Andrew Wilson and the studio. It made me sick with all the bad player highlighting, etc., etc, etc

I agree with your backline comment - it should be spread wider and the players should stop running the same ways as each other. All the players seem to get dragged into a real tight bunch sometimes then suddely explode

.mov files would be class.

I think the server might be down, media player is getting a server error. Anyone else having this problemo?

I really wish I hadn't watched those, as I'm now bouncing off the walls in excitement........the next two months are going to be hell............

wow....amazing. only watched 2 vids so far, just noticed in the teams coming out one, they walk to one side of the pitch each, one england player goes with the australians
<
!

the footage looks absolutely immense... really looking forward to this now

and whilst there have been valid points made about the positioning of the backs/forwards... we should try to remember what the last effort they called a game was like!

This is/was never going to be the game of games in "interactive" rugby, but it looks to be a mighty big step in the right direction... most games have slight flaws that **** some of us off (even PES4 has a few), but thats why new editions are constantly released - so that they can improve upon previous versions

Lets take this R2005 as a positive step and, from what locksley seems to think, an enjoyable step for the franchise (f**k I hate that word) and keep a positive tilt on all of this... we still have to play it yet, don't cook the goose before you've killed it!

Looking very good, has to be said. Very impressed so far and the demo has the Locksley approval.

We have reason to be positive.

except for player bunching my main concern is locks' decision making...up and under once over the line?!
<

cheers locks. (will u be getting a full version preview eventually?)

Originally posted by paddyknight@Jan 28 2005, 02:46 AM
my main concern is locks' decision making...up and under once over the line?!
Yeah, but I guess he couldn't bring himself to score against his own country.

where for art thou locksley this evenin' ? does anyone know if he is planning on adding some more footage for our hungry eyes?

And what about his site - any news on when it will be fully functional?

... I keep watching the video clips and despite the little issues that people have come up with, I still think the game will be very enjoyable, it'll just be a case of playing within your means...

i.e if the the players are bunched up behind you and not spreading wide quick enough, you'll just have to crash forward using the bunched numbers to your advantage in the ensuing ruck, or simply try your best to run wide by urself and hope they catch up!
... in regards to the control of the rucks & mauls... I think "simple" control will work this time around as opposed to "not work at all" or "impossible to win" controls from previous rugby games (WCR!)

... still dying to know just what the craic is with the european domestic leagues... they're specifically stated on the easports.com page, but not on the co.uk page... hmmm
... could anyone confirm with me that the Welsh & Scottish RFU's hold the rights/licenceship to their regional teams similar to the way the Irish RFU does? ... as we already know that they have these national union license's, there would therefore be nothing impeding them including all the regional teams that form the Celtic league
... I think we've established that the English RFU and Zurich Prem teams work on a separate basis to each other in terms of rights & licenses, so just what teams they deem to include remains to be seen!

... hopefully its a case of negotiations taking place and they are waiting for a time closer to the 6 Nations to make an announcement (can we get much closer?)
*NOTE: its interesting to see that in locksley's preview (the teams vid) that there is no indication of the Heineken Cup license there and yet we know that it will be in - so perhaps there can still be further developments! Also, no sign of Tonga/Samoa/Fiji as fully payed up teams either, its a very northern hemisphere heavy lineup on show

... enuff ramblin from me!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 28 2005, 07:54 AM
where for art thou locksley this evenin' ? does anyone know if he is planning on adding some more footage for our hungry eyes?

And what about his site - any news on when it will be fully functional?
His site is dead (for now):

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1108

He concluded his movie offerings with, "That's all for tonight," so I'm thinking they'll be some more later -- woot! Maybe even a try and conversion would be nice to see.

Has anyone seen any evidence of that evil all-defenders-chase-man-with-ball?

I haven't, but I haven't really looked. I'll look now.

Nope. Looking fairly natural.

I've noticed that not all players bunch after the player with the ball, on occasion you can see a defender peeling out wide to cover the run of an overlapping/wide attacking player and the actual player with ball bursting through the gap left

... hope there are some elements of scoring showed tonight too... conversions and penalties (and what the penalty was for) would be good to see for the first time. Also, an explanation for his up and under beneath the posts would be welcome from locksley... a bit extreme!!!

... think somebody mentioned it somewhere before too, would be good if there was the ability to increase how far forward your supporting players hold the line... they all seem very far back and too staggered in the gameplay footage, almost as tho it would be impossible to throw a forward pass they're that far behind you!

in regards to licenses, i think the zurich prem one is pretty attainable, i had a pretty big involvement with prm last year, and as a small company we had the license so it cant be that much. especially with eas bully boys!

Noticed that there is no sign of a Zurich Premier logo at the start of the clips - there are super 12, tri-nation, 6-nations as well as the individual countires, but not ZP, Heinieken Cup or even RWC logos. remember that they said R2004 would have RWC license, only for it to get pulled at the last minute?

Am I the only person wh thinks these videos make the game look rather ****?

-The change of speed from robinson?!
-The dodgy looking backlines
-Jerky movement
-tacky looking menus
-The look of Twickers, looks more like bloody selhurst park than the home of rugby!

Latest posts