• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Movie thread!!!! I've sorted something out...

One thing i have noticed is that their never seems to be a full backline - eg. 9 to 10 to 12 to 13 to 14 etc!

You only ever seem to have one man outside ya

yeah, remem the world cup license fiasco with R2004... what a crock

... still think they'll have Heineken tho and by what paddyknight says, perhaps the Zurich Prem isn't too much to consider? we can only hope that EA are taking us northern hemisphere fans seriously - seeing as HB name Ireland, France & UK as some of the countries who bailed them out with sales for that last debacle of a rugby game they released, they had better give us what we want !!!

If you watch a lot of rugby (most of yous do I'm sure) you almost only ever see a full back line off set play, or first or MAYBE second phase at a stretch these days...

Originally posted by woodie@Jan 28 2005, 10:36 AM
Am I the only person wh thinks these videos make the game look rather ****?

-The change of speed from robinson?!
-The dodgy looking backlines
-Jerky movement
-tacky looking menus
-The look of Twickers, looks more like bloody selhurst park than the home of rugby!
I think the change of speed from Robinson (especially in the lineout/run clip) looks fine. Now, it's not going to be perfectly natural (even in Madden, movements aren't 100% perfect) but I think it's fine. It's the same for Sailor when he cuts up the field (running north/south) instead of across, you can see them gain more ground.

I don't think the menus look tacky. They're loads better than '04 and '01 combined.

Twickers looks fine.

All this was recorded off an old vcr remember.

As for the jerky movements, I can still see some, but they don't seem that pronounced and it didn't interrupt my watching the clips.

But, of course, it remains to be seen till we're up close and personal and playing the game ourselves.

The jury is still out for me on this one, but I'm looking forward to giving this game a chance.

-The change of speed from robinson?!
-The dodgy looking backlines
-Jerky movement
-tacky looking menus
-The look of Twickers, looks more like bloody selhurst park than the home of rugby!
but if you compare the points you made on this game to the last game ... you'll find it beats R2004 in every department...

1) R2004... did robinson have any pace, never mind a change of?
2) R2004... dodgy looking overall team?
3) R2004... jerky movement, any movement was appreciated!
4) R2004... you couldn't even read the font on the menu screens!
5) R2004... did any of the grounds impress at all?

... lets not all knock this game into the ground before we give it a chance, locksley seemed pretty hyped by his first impression to the game and that must count for something - its all good and well analyzing and over-analyzing video footage, but playing should make for a different experience...

plus we were never expecting a perfect game were we? ... significant improvements is what I'm after and an enjoyable/lasting experience

(... and where's that pony?)

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Jan 28 2005, 10:57 AM
(... and where's that pony?)
191162731RGkLsX_ph.jpg

Originally posted by robbinho@Jan 28 2005, 10:26 AM
Noticed that there is no sign of a Zurich Premier logo at the start of the clips - there are super 12, tri-nation, 6-nations as well as the individual countires, but not ZP, Heinieken Cup or even RWC logos. remember that they said R2004 would have RWC license, only for it to get pulled at the last minute?
True dat.

Was surprised to see the inclusion of US Rugby as well as Rugby Canada and Argentina in their emblems of licenses.

1The change of speed from robinson?!
2The dodgy looking backlines
3Jerky movement
4tacky looking menus
5The look of Twickers, looks more like bloody selhurst park than the home of rugby!
1. They probably just pushed the pace button mate..
2. I couldn't really make it out to be honest, but as locks said, without the use of set plays the back line just sits there...
3. True, that still needs a bit of work
4. The menus looked great in my opinion! Better than NRL and Rugby 2004
5. you can't really see Twickers that clearly anyway mate, so I'd say leave that alone till you see it... P.S Twickenham is only the "official" home of Rugby, the spiritual and genuine home of Rugby is New Zealand
<
(and i'm an aussie!).

has anyone seen how the crowd looks

f***IN AWESOME

jumping around goin nuts looks very life like

but when locksley scores in the new video, its a great diving animation but the crowds roar needs to be louder...........this is where sound options need to come in...........crowds volume v commentators volume

turn crowd up max and commentary down a bit.
turns a backyard rugby match into a sellout at twicks............i hope we have audio settings abilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by TheDell@Jan 28 2005, 08:24 PM
you should see the graphics in this one. Also, the crowd celebration is very realistic

Rugby 2005 vid
That was mean, but still a pretty good clip. Just shows how awesome it would have been to be there. Did you take that yourself?

i see sum ppl alreddy dissing the game .....i know where they're coming from cos rugby 2004 really traumatised us for life!

but i like it and will get it for sure!

Lucky i haven't bought Rugby 2004 nor even played it cos of the reviews it got.

Anyhoo, till i get my hands on Rugby 2005, im gonna do History for NSW Waratahs to win the Super 12.

Looks very good. Big big improvements. Can't get over how positive Locksley's review was. March never felt so far away as this year. If the gameplay and graphics are as sweet as this looks for the featured clubs (and why shouldn't they be), I'm gonna be in seventh heaven!

Wow Wow Wow!!!! this looks wicked.

I can`t believe some people are complaining already, I was having nightmares about this game and my only hope was that it would be half decent!! I never thought I would say this but I think I can finally pack away my Jonah Lomu 9 years later rest well my friend.

Are you all for real of course it won`t be perfect but it looks like it plays really well yes there are small issues like players bunching up, have not seen player jump yet etc. but you are all forgetting one thing Lox has just got the game hot off the press so the man needs some practice. Rememeber when you first bought JLR or watched some one play it after you had mastered the controls the game play looked shocking.

I am really suprised by the animations such as tackle, running( Jason Robinson change of direction near try line), kicks, crowd, animation of the players and well hell just about everything and I don`t even have a sound card and can`t even hear the sound, if Bill Mclaren is commentating then my prayers have been answered.

Some of the limited play we have seen has been fantastic and the tackle animations really stand out as well as the momentum of the man with the ball and how he falls and lays the ball back extra.

Well on the evidence of this demo I am so stoked we might get a decent rugby game to play with our mates after a few beers.

Lox I am sure I can say this on every ones behalf well done mate if you were here a would buy you some beers thanks for the posts and keep some more coming to drool over.

Bring on rugby 2005 and long live the Boks!!!

Please Loks you are killing me more in game footage the quality is not the best but it is not that bad. for those struggling there is an updated windows media player series 9 that you can download it might help.

Remember that locks get a very positive preview for Rugby 2004 tho,he said it was near perfection if i remember and then later on thought it was ****,i hope he isnt doing the same thing this year

Originally posted by Boomslangnz@Jan 30 2005, 12:04 AM
Remember that locks get a very positive preview for Rugby 2004 tho,he said it was near perfection if i remember and then later on thought it was ****,i hope he isnt doing the same thing this year
Can't we judge for ourselves from the the vids? I know we haven't played it but rugby2004 is just a distant bad memory now.

Latest posts