• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

movies

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 12:47 PM
There are going to be controller options on the X-Box version, you can then assign the passes to your shoulder buttons no doubt.
Don't know if you'll be able to get away with this though -- controller options might not be available on the xbox.

I like familiarity, I like old shoes. PS2 will be juuust fine for me.

Can't wait for the release, but i think they were playing against the easy level. Lox, please confirm, i hope so, that looked like they were'nt wanting to tacle...

6 hours till super 12 kickoff...sorry i've been drinking celebrating the kickoff

Originally posted by Gandalf@Feb 25 2005, 12:52 PM
Can't wait for the release, but i think they were playing against the easy level. Lox, please confirm, i hope so, that looked like they were'nt wanting to tacle...

6 hours till super 12 kickoff...sorry i've been drinking celebrating the kickoff
Good lad, Gandalf, good lad.

I would of said they were playing on 'medium/normal' difficulty. There were breaks, but the cover came back, hence the low scores. That, or the player was new to it. I mean, a 7 - 3 victory over Uruguay with Australia? And at the last minute?

screw that cpt america, lemonade, does booze come in that form??
Playstation and xbox seem just as fast fast, remember locksley's camera phone thingy.... the game will be great, i reckon

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 25 2005, 12:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 25 2005, 12:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 25 2005, 12:38 PM
Bah the load times, bah!

Load times are the times to get loaded!  Have a drink at the ready, the time goes by very fast.

Wait.  Half of you people on this forum are 12, right?  Yeah, I'm talking about lemonade then.

Still, ultimately, I've only just learned how to use the analogue stick to move the guys around (thank you GTA: SA) so I'm not about to try to learn how to pass the ball using face buttons.  A plague on your xbox.
Hehe, and you live here?

Get with the times, places like OS (their boards) are all making the jump, you'll get sooooo used to it. X-Box dude, it's the way to go.

There are going to be controller options on the X-Box version, you can then assign the passes to your shoulder buttons no doubt.

Controllers DO make a difference, but, when the technology starts to fall behind that bad, get the better looking / faster loading version.
<
[/b]
Well, there's isn't any controller config on the PS2 version, so my betting's that the Xbox version won't have one either!

i think it was on normal because the cover comes across when breaks are made and also Uruguay do have thier moments on attack which i don't think would happen on the easiest setting. and for controller config long live the pc the ultimate gaming machine

It's optimally set up for the PSII controller I am guessing (As most EA games are), they almost always have a controller setup config for all the X-Box versions of their games.

I am betting I am right.

Originally posted by Gandalf@Feb 25 2005, 12:59 PM
screw that cpt america, lemonade, does booze come in that form??
Playstation and xbox seem just as fast fast, remember locksley's camera phone thingy.... the game will be great, i reckon
<

What....

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 25 2005, 12:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 25 2005, 12:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gandalf
@Feb 25 2005, 12:52 PM
Can't wait for the release, but i think they were playing against the easy level.  Lox, please confirm, i hope so, that looked like they were'nt wanting to tacle...

I would of said they were playing on 'medium/normal' difficulty. There were breaks, but the cover came back, hence the low scores. That, or the player was new to it. I mean, a 7 - 3 victory over Uruguay with Australia? And at the last minute? [/b]
The only one that looked like it was on "easy" was the Brumbies/Crusaders clip.........Larkhams try just looked too easy compared to Lock's vids on normal/hard......

I DONNO WHAT U THINK GUYS BUT IN MY OPINION THIS GAME ROCKS!
and im sure ill use the side cam,it really looks great,the classic camera reminds me r**** 2004.

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 25 2005, 08:21 AM
By the way - is it really the 4th of March next week (Friday) ? a week to go for PC and Xbox owners here... 14 days for the PS2 (boooo, hissss!)

I've developed a plan... I'm gonna get the game for the Xbox next week, play it for 7 days then get a full refund (using GAME's 10 day return policy) and then buy the PS2 game on the 11th...
<
muhahahah (evil laugh)
lol
<
Believe me man if u do dat u can say u acted like a neapolitan would have done.
<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 25 2005, 12:38 PM
Bah the load times, bah!

Load times are the times to get loaded! Have a drink at the ready, the time goes by very fast.

Wait. Half of you people on this forum are 12, right? Yeah, I'm talking about lemonade then.

Still, ultimately, I've only just learned how to use the analogue stick to move the guys around (thank you GTA: SA) so I'm not about to try to learn how to pass the ball using face buttons. A plague on your xbox.
pffft to the loading times

thats the time spent, warming up your legs, stretching and having a gulp of beer, and a hot one (for those that are partial to it), oooh, yes the visuals are now near real life, ohhh la la, hahaha, hehehe.

even if it loaded twice as slow, those face buttons for rugby passing, is terrorism in rugby video gaming

and that is of course if ur Xbox hasnt been recalled for a faulty power cord - hahaha

a pc in a shell
or a little stealth animal, that defies logic with its size - yes sir ps2 all the way puppa

oh..........and side view is the only cam...........

Originally posted by NZL fan+Feb 25 2005, 01:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Feb 25 2005, 01:04 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 25 2005, 12:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gandalf
@Feb 25 2005, 12:52 PM
Can't wait for the release, but i think they were playing against the easy level.  Lox, please confirm, i hope so, that looked like they were'nt wanting to tacle...

I would of said they were playing on 'medium/normal' difficulty. There were breaks, but the cover came back, hence the low scores. That, or the player was new to it. I mean, a 7 - 3 victory over Uruguay with Australia? And at the last minute?
The only one that looked like it was on "easy" was the Brumbies/Crusaders clip.........Larkhams try just looked too easy compared to Lock's vids on normal/hard...... [/b]
That's definitely a possibility, but looking at it over and over again, the would be defender gets stuck behind the goalposts (!) and then bounces outside the wing leaving a big gap. Maybe that's how they do it in Canterbury . . .

Or, at ground level, it was the most devious of pivots that has ever been performed.

I'm looking forward to playing as Uruguay versus Spain (or France or Argentina) and hearing some Englishman shout "Overlap!" and "I'm with you!"

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 25 2005, 01:40 PM
a pc in a shell

or a little stealth animal, that defies logic with its size - yes sir ps2 all the way puppa

oh..........and side view is the only cam...........
And its a damned big shell ... I've seen Xboxes used as foundation blocks for housing round here, they're really that big & bulky...

Where's the streamline, easy on the eyes design for the Xbox? (outside getting off with Bill Gates, thats where!) ... and before anyone says it... I do have one, a green one to be precise

... dunno if I can see the difference in speed myself between those clips, it must be pretty marginal

... god I'm looking forward to this game ...

And on mentioning Spain, Capt. America, I hope there are a few extra national teams included this time... tho I love top tier rugby, I'd like to get down and dirty with some of the lesser teams in the European Nations Cup (6 Nations
<
or perhaps the Super Powers Cup etc etc ... here's to Portugal remaining the 7th best nation in europe! (they're currently ahead of Georgia & Romania in the table, having seen off Georgia already!)

EDIT: hmmm, but if there is no create a comp. whats the point? well fupp that!
<

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 25 2005, 07:52 AM
Still looks odd when they make breaks, the whole team runs for the player with the ball and THEN when they get to the ruck they spread out... not to mention they chase so closely that it makes it hard to pop a pass to the winger to run clear... thats why so many breaks are stopped at the fullback because their is no way of passing it to your support as their is severe traffic jams.

All looks a but helter skelter, the forwards should be much slower and not move like backs.
well whjy wudnt u make it into a traffic jam?

its to stop the player from passing to his support

and forwards shud be much slower?

NO WAY the forwards are the fittest in the team or they shud be the fittest!

wcr forwards were so slow they were useless!

Forwards should be slower???

Ummmm....did you perhaps see the Trie Richard Bands (Prop) Scored against the All Blacks in 2003?

After Handing off Carlos Spencer (flyhalf) he ran from the halfway line to score in the corner with guys like Howlett chasing after him...

So...please...not all forwards are slow!!!!
Go ask Spencer and Howlett!!
<

You guys know that the ACT vs CRU video is of the PC version RIGHT?

You can clearly see by the controles that, that is the PC version

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 25 2005, 06:51 PM
You guys know that the ACT vs CRU video is of the PC version RIGHT?

You can clearly see by the controles that, that is the PC version
No. It's XBox. Watch any linout or set play, they've got the colors and letter exactly how it is on XBox.

Latest posts