• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MS confirm release date for Autumn 360 Update

Z

Zonerunner

Microsoft has reportedly divulged to Official Xbox Magazine that the 360 Autumn Update will go live on 4th December.

It will not contain the European video on demand service that many are eagerly awaiting but its biggest feature will be the ability to download original Xbox ***les such as Halo, Fable, Fahrenheit, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex and Burnout 3 for 1200 Microsoft Points each (around a tenner in English paper, fourteen Euro-bobbins and/or Americo-bucks).

Other new features have yet to be confirmed, i'll be sure to bring them up as and when they are confirmed.

The only 2 games I don't have out of that list, being Crimson skies and Crash, I don't bloody want... <_<

Based off the newly opened "Xbox Originals" official site, it looks like the launch line up on December 4th will be:
  • Burnout 3: Takedown
  • Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex
  • Crimson Skies
  • Fable
  • Fuzion Frenzy
  • Halo
  • Psychonauts (you all must own this game incidentally. MUST.)
More are planned for throughout all of next year - Halo 2 is likely to be in there somewhere... And no doubt this will rejuvinate the backwards compatibility team into working again (so they can sell more games).

Microsoft's retort at a now backwards-compatible-less PS3 perhaps?

Anyways, in other news, Xbox Live is five on Thursday. And to commemerate, the Xbox Live Arcade ***le Carcasonne will be free to download for everybody (unless you live in Korea, where its Hexic 2) for one day only. It normally costs 800 MS Points so I advise all Live users to download it even if it might not normally be your cup of tea because, hey, its free. If you also joined the service in 2002, you'll get 500 free MS Points. Last of the big spenders at Microsoft there...

I hear Psychonauts is extremely hard to get a hold of in America these days. Between that and Farenheit, Microsoft have already justified the service to me. Not necessarily for me to use, but just like Nintendo finally gave us Sin and Punishment via the Virtual Console after nigh on 10 years (a game I am seriously contemplating purchasing some Wii Points for), its an opportunity to get a hold of some harder to find ***les at slightly-overpriced-but-still-not-unreasonable prices.

Latest posts