• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Mugabe heckled

It's very disturbing that that circus is only a few hundred kilometers from me.
As long as Mugabe is there it can only end in civil war imo. Hopefully I'm wrong as it will increase the instability of the relatively stable region. You can bet your bottom dollar refugees will come to SA in their masses.
The situation is sitting on a knife edge, but it's been like that for years now.

Its about time he's been humiliated in public like that. The man seems to exist in a very Kim Jong Il style bubble surrounded by yes men and cronies determined to preserve the gravy train.

The whole process needs to be made to look like a circus, any shred of credibility needs to be destroyed in order to prevent Mugabe from selling himself as the legitimate head of state. Those MDC MPs need to sing, dance, heckle, abuse, yell, clap and stamp their feet as long as that Parliament is in session. They need to bring it home to Mbeki and Mugabe that they simply cannot sweep this latest farce under the carpet and continue on as before.

EDIT: it may not look like it, but as long as the MDC hold out and refuse to sign any deal on power sharing that betrays the people who voted MDC in the election, they have Mugabe and ZANU-PF by the balls. Mbeki will grow increasingly desperate as his reign as anointed President comes to an end and will in turn put more pressure on the two parties to compromise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Aug 27 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's very disturbing that that circus is only a few hundred kilometers from me.
As long as Mugabe is there it can only end in civil war imo. Hopefully I'm wrong as it will increase the instability of the relatively stable region. You can bet your bottom dollar refugees will come to SA in their masses.
The situation is sitting on a knife edge, but it's been like that for years now.[/b]

Do you not get a lot of refugees anyway?

Good i hope that this situation will end.

For the people of Zimbabwe sake and the hope that Robert Mugabe gets put in jail NOT just ****** off to somewhere like idi amin did and died peacefully in saudi arabia 25 years later.

Great idea.. UK take in Mugabe and he can be the new peace envoy to Iraq for the UK. Make him wave a BIG GB flag around Basra until he gets blown into a million pieces.

Or just get in a GB tank or other vehicle and go near some americans, that works too.

Latest posts