• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Review of Rugby 2006 - Locksley

L

lecdg2

Guest
thank you, very nice review indeed. Can't wait for the release or an d I hope for a demo next week!
 
T

TheBokke

Guest
Nice one Golden Balls just like you mention this game is better than 2005 I am going to rate this review your best so far
<
92%

I am liking the feel of the review due to the time for reflection which I know you don`t normally have and that the emotional octane high you normally get on is gone
<
so the cold hard truth has set in. I have come to accept that we are never going to get a great rucking system and I could have overlooked that even for 2005 but all the other issues put me off! You say those are now fixed so this game for me will be the winner big time.

Dam I wish there was online so we could have had a TRF rugby king ahhhhhh could you imagine the power and bragging rights you would have over the other TRF members
<


Thanks for the effort on the review it was really good!

Golden Balls for KING

p.s Guys rememeber there is a thread for questions so leave this for previews for those who are lucky enough to get the game early
 
T

The TRUTH

Guest
Thanx for the review Locks, great work...sounds like they got most things right this time.

I booked my copy today from EB ,they say it should be released here in OZ on the 23rd of Feb( but we know what they are like) and they said its only $69.95(aus) which came as a pleasant surprise
<
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Gotta say, thanks for the review, Locks. I feel like you praised the game with relevant criticism thrown in. I didn't feel like my expectations were being over-hyped.

I feel like I'm looking forward to, say a 15-20% better game this time round.

The only thing that worries me a little is that 92% mark. It couldn't be that awesome......could it? I really hope so.

You've played it quite a bit, but if you play it some more over the next few days, and decide to lower it slightly, due to things you find, I won't mind. If it stays at 92% till release, well there'll be a day booked off work for sure!!

Maybe even two.
 
D

diegobgr

Guest
Tournaments and leagues available?
6 Nations?Tri-Nations?Guiness Premiership?Heiniken Cup?Celtic League?...
 
L

locksley

Guest
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 21 2006, 11:31 AM
Gotta say, thanks for the review, Locks. I feel like you praised the game with relevant criticism thrown in. I didn't feel like my expectations were being over-hyped.

I feel like I'm looking forward to, say a 15-20% better game this time round.

The only thing that worries me a little is that 92% mark. It couldn't be that awesome......could it? I really hope so.

You've played it quite a bit, but if you play it some more over the next few days, and decide to lower it slightly, due to things you find, I won't mind. If it stays at 92% till release, well there'll be a day booked off work for sure!!

Maybe even two.
Well to put it into perspective, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 is the best sports game, bar none, in my opinion. I would give that a 98% easily, but Rugby 2006 has been taking up all my time lately, and I even dropped out of a Pro Evo tournament to play it.
 
K

knowsleyroader

Guest
Still loads of improvement to come I reckon. I would give it a 7.9/10.

Theres still lots they can or need to do with the game... Putting 6 tackle sets and a play the ball in for a start
<


Maybe its an unlockable ?
<
 
H

Handsomebob

Guest
Thanx locks, i thinkl you had some of us drooling on their keyboards while reading the review.....

i was just wondering if you could post a list of the available competitions....

and i would like to read some comments (if you have some) on the new set plays and the star player feature. I really like the idea of having one or two game breakers that can make a difference on the game (or like you said, having one particular target on the opposing team you want to send to ER with a good old high tackle) but does it really work, did you actually realize during a game that you star player was really making a difference.

again, thanx for giving us so many infos to feed on......
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Thanks for the review locks - just one question.

Does the computer get penalties awarded against them more than in 2005?

Cheers
 
R

raziel_eire

Guest
Any chance of a competition run through locks? ...

Have the participating teams in the Heineken Cup (or European as EA may call it if its not licensed) been updated?

What about teams involved... any extras from R05?

i.e Have Connacht and the Border Reivers managed to make it into the game?

Any advancement on the no. of international teams, or is it still just the World Cup temas available?

Can we actually select the Barbarians squad this time round?

What 'A' teams feature this year for the Lions tour? Aus/SA again?

Cheers for all the info so far!
 
W

Wally

Guest
I just hope they've got the Super 14 to a tee. That'll be the major tournament for me, and it will be a bit dissappointing if it isn't complete up to date.
 
S

Sallad Tobar

Guest
92% is far too high for a game that is not online

Thats one advantage that Rugby League 2 has over Rugby 06
 
E

EVOL

Guest
The novelty of playing online lasted only a few minutes until you remembered how shockingly it plays
 
T

TheBokke

Guest
Originally posted by Sallad Tobar@Jan 22 2006, 11:38 PM
92% is far too high for a game that is not online

Thats one advantage that Rugby League 2 has over Rugby 06
Yeah if u ever get a game!
 
B

Bullitt

Guest
Why do people see games being online as so important, especially for sports games?

It's always the same old ****; If your whupping somone, they'll disconnect.

When your playing, it's not like your sitting with friends having a tournament. Your on your own talking to a microphone strapped to your head. You may as well be against the AI.

Plus most people play against their friend who live 5 minuetes down the road...
<
Meet up, use 1 Xbox, crack open a few beers and stop sitting on your own!

Online sports games? Pffft
 
K

knowsleyroader

Guest
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jan 23 2006, 12:21 AM
Why do people see games being online as so important, especially for sports games?

It's always the same old ****; If your whupping somone, they'll disconnect.

When your playing, it's not like your sitting with friends having a tournament. Your on your own talking to a microphone strapped to your head. You may as well be against the AI.

Plus most people play against their friend who live 5 minuetes down the road...
<
Meet up, use 1 Xbox, crack open a few beers and stop sitting on your own!

Online sports games? Pffft
Well the beauty of it is that you could get to play people you couldnt by the 1 xbox and a few beers method. Like people on this forum who you chat with regular but probably will never meet.

It would be awesome.
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Well, folks from what I can see from playing RC2006, it is still a good fun playable game, but Locks 82% is just a little too high. In fact I'd take 10% off and give it 72%.

I get the feeling that the same formula probably works for Rugby 2006's 92%.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Top