• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My reviews of other rugby games

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 15 2005, 10:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 15 2005, 10:38 PM)</div>
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Feb 15 2005, 09:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 15 2005, 09:13 PM
I agree, I rarely play multiplayer because my friends arn't sad like me and play computer games!! Single player is everything to me, although I accept that multiplyer is always going to be more fun.

This, to me sums up a big difference between the multiplayer crowd and the others, some people seem to prefer beating the console or PC's preset AI difficulty levels to playing videogames in a match against an actual human being!

To me it's all about beating other people at the game, competing to be the best.
Not putting down the controller and saying, "Take that, PS2 I beat you!".
Other PC's and consoles are not going to buy this game, PEOPLE are. To me that is winning, beating the complex and unpredictable nature of other human beings.
That is the real achievement.
Thats all very well and good, but if your like me and your mates wanna go out to the pub instead of sit at home and play video games, then it's not all that useful... if you know what i mean? [/b]
I agree - my mates would laugh at me if I asked them to stay in and play video games. I feel sad enough playing them on my own!! when will I ever grow up??!

I think they are both important.

Tell you what, I'll take the pub anyday but usally the day after is a good time to play a good video game.

Every now and then I'll play a mate in a game, but during those 'day afters' I'll usally just lax out and play against the AI. (As long as it's a good game - which I'm hoping R2005 WILL be).

But until then, anyone for a beer?
<

Cheers,

Jamie Gough

I might try and find a sad person to play a bit of multiplayer rugby with me - the problem is I'm worried I enjoy it so much that I won't go back to single player!!
<

Originally posted by jgough@Feb 16 2005, 12:02 AM
I think they are both important.

Tell you what, I'll take the pub anyday but usally the day after is a good time to play a good video game.

Every now and then I'll play a mate in a game, but during those 'day afters' I'll usally just lax out and play against the AI. (As long as it's a good game - which I'm hoping R2005 WILL be).

But until then, anyone for a beer?
<

Cheers,

Jamie Gough
Wow! J Gough... that's a name from the past! How are you doing? I used to religiously check on "Goughy's website" for Rugby 2001 news!!! Long time ago now eh?

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 16 2005, 01:03 AM
I might try and find a sad person to play a bit of multiplayer rugby with me - the problem is I'm worried I enjoy it so much that I won't go back to single player!!
<
why do u keep saying sad ppl like me or stuff like u ll never grow up just because u like havin fun with videogames?Nowadays the video game engine is not for kids (not only) and then theycan help to have cool days and great moments..For example here me and my m8s plan tournaments of pes 4 with all stuff like best scorer,or this player will miss next match and we all have great time...especially when u win,u don't get just money u can also say ur the best to all ur friends.GREAT SENSATIONS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
There s a time for evrythin:u can't think bout videogames if u r havin sex , u can't think bout sex if u r in a church or a synagogue (whatever ur religion is) it's just u who gotta choose what u want to do !don't think ur m8s would laugh at u if u ask them to play videogames....I think if they laughed probably they are the sad ones.
P.S.
Online mode can be the resolution of all problems.I d love beating a new zealander in a rugby game.
<

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 16 2005, 04:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 16 2005, 04:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 16 2005, 01:03 AM
<
why do u keep saying sad ppl like me or stuff like u ll never grow up just because u like havin fun with videogames?Nowadays the video game engine is not for kids (not only) and then theycan help to have cool days and great moments..For example here me and my m8s plan tournaments of pes 4 with all stuff like best scorer,or this player will miss next match and we all have great time...especially when u win,u don't get just money u can also say ur the best to all ur friends.GREAT SENSATIONS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
There s a time for evrythin:u can't think bout videogames if u r havin sex , u can't think bout sex if u r in a church or a synagogue (whatever ur religion is) it's just u who gotta choose what u want to do !don't think ur m8s would laugh at u if u ask them to play videogames....I think if they laughed probably they are the sad ones.
P.S.
Online mode can be the resolution of all problems.I d love beating a new zealander in a rugby game.
<
[/b]
I guess you're a lot younger than me - the sadness increases with age if you see what i mean!

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 16 2005, 05:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Feb 16 2005, 05:25 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Badboy@Feb 16 2005, 04:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 16 2005, 01:03 AM
<

P.S.
<
I guess you're a lot younger than me - the sadness increases with age if you see what i mean! [/b]
maybe.i'm 24 and u?

24 ... really ...

... your post makes you sound alot younger, or maybe thats just me ?

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 16 2005, 06:08 AM
24 ... really ...

... your post makes you sound alot younger, or maybe thats just me ?
I think it s u raziel,but im not sayin my point is better than urs or stuff like dat.how old r u?

fast approaching 25...

... tho i'm not saying your idea isn't valid, you've actually made a really good point, its just that you sound younger than 24 from the way I read your post - I just got the impression you were a few years younger than 24... not that it would matter, just a case of misperception!

Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 16 2005, 08:14 AM
fast approaching 25...

... tho i'm not saying your idea isn't valid, you've actually made a really good point, its just that you sound younger than 24 from the way I read your post - I just got the impression you were a few years younger than 24... not that it would matter, just a case of misperception!
no problem man..i remember u cheered italy in the final game of usa 94
<

Originally posted by Badboy+Feb 16 2005, 08:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Badboy @ Feb 16 2005, 08:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 16 2005, 08:14 AM
fast approaching 25...

no problem man..i remember u cheered italy in the final game of usa 94
<
[/b]
what i tried to say is just it s bad to feel like a loser just because other people don't share ur point of view,if u like sumethin u gotta keep doin it.u no i'm sayin.I understand ppl who say i don't like soccer or i don't like videogames coz its normal evrybody has his point but i really hate when ppl starts judgin someone else just because u r not like them and u like stuff they don't.i hope i made myself clear raziel.Anyways as i told ya bfore i consider u like a friend
<
lol

Let's just say I'm in my, ahem, er... well, I'm past my twenties, but I love playing multiplayer Lomu tournaments still! Age has nothing to do with enjoying gaming!

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 16 2005, 09:01 AM
Let's just say I'm in my, ahem, er... well, I'm past my twenties, but I love playing multiplayer Lomu tournaments still! Age has nothing to do with enjoying gaming!
tolly agreed.

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 16 2005, 09:01 AM
Well I am not afraid to admit that I will be 35 in August. Come on Locks..I know you are nearby in age. We can talk about the old games in the arcades of the 80's!

seeing as there are some mature and knowledgeable folk about, I thought I'd give this a try -

Why can I not upload my own avatar to the forum?? do I have to be past a certain number of posts etc?

Thanks for any help, otherwise its hassle admin time !

I don't think you can upload it. So got to imageshack.us and upload it there, then copy and paste that link over to here.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 16 2005, 09:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 16 2005, 09:12 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Feb 16 2005, 09:01 AM
Let's just say I'm in my, ahem, er... well, I'm past my twenties, but I love playing multiplayer Lomu tournaments still!  Age has nothing to do with enjoying gaming!
Well I am not afraid to admit that I will be 35 in August. Come on Locks..I know you are nearby in age. We can talk about the old games in the arcades of the 80's! [/b]
Now I don't feel so bad! I turned 30 in january. Very scary!